Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks! I'm honestly so happy to finally hear that!

A massive thank you to each and every one of you in this thread. The help and dedication you've shown here is beyond admirable, and for that you have our utmost respect!

We'll give this a few more days so that the others can also confirm the desktop app's working normally now. Fingers crossed!

Cheers everyone! You rock!

Comments
Hydrojlw

@Yordan Thank you!! This has been driving me mad! - It seems to be fixed for me (so far) with this update 🤞👍

tomwoc

Provisionally working after the latest update... fingers crossed this lasts!

photoart

Finally working  after updating to the latest version! 

Yordan

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks! I'm honestly so happy to finally hear that!

A massive thank you to each and every one of you in this thread. The help and dedication you've shown here is beyond admirable, and for that you have our utmost respect!

We'll give this a few more days so that the others can also confirm the desktop app's working normally now. Fingers crossed!

Cheers everyone! You rock!

dbroyer
This finally appears to be working for me as well. I'm beyond excited!
Hydrojlw

After logging back on today, I am now getting strange behaviour from the app....It won't let me search any artists at all now! - They either don't show up in the search, or if I try to click on artists I have recently listened to, it comes up showing an error. I am still able to play music from my liked songs and playlists. Anyone else having this issue? @Yordan 

Yordan

Yep @Hydrojlw, thanks for reporting!

The issue you're describing is currently under investigation. Subscribe to this thread where we'll keep you folks updated.

Hydrojlw

Hmm, now it seems to be working after letting Spotify run for a while. Not sure what happened there! Hopefully just a blip with my connection or something.

Hydrojlw

Ahh thanks @Yordan hadn't seen your post!

lolzcalvin

Spotify for Windows
1.2.9.743.g85d9593d

this latest version seems to have fixed this issue, or at least, everything is playable now.