Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone!

Here's something you can try out to force a re-sync between the desktop and the mobile app:

1. Fully close Spotify on your PC (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager), then open the mobile app instead and add a song to your Liked Songs.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then set Spotify to offline mode. This is done under the app's settings. Close the app afterwards.
  3. Launch Spotify again on your phone, set it back to online through the settings, then launch Spotify on the desktop as well and go to your Liked Songs to check if the re-sync was successful.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Comments
Slate8

I have been experiencing this issue for the last few days.

Your phone's make, model and OS version. - OnePlus 6T running Android 11 (OxygenOS 11.1.2.2)
Your PC's operating system. - 16" Macbook pro M1 running Monterey 12.3
The versions of Spotify both on your PC and mobile device. :

PC: Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Phone: 8.7.18.1138

thanks

icedterminal

Started experiencing this around Monday, 4th of April. You must like the song on both device apps. Logging in and out, clearing application data, etc. does not work. You can open a close the apps on either device all day. Nothing changes it

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/pmgsPi8

I think the current issue of liked songs not syncing across clients is just one of two I have experienced this week. There is also a remote control issue. This too does not sync correctly at all times.

1. Start a song on an Android device.
  2. Open the Spotify desktop app on Windows.
  3. Observe the app notifies you that music is playing on the Android device. But the playing song does update, nor can you can control the playback.

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/UUV4P6B

System information

• Windows 10 Pro (21H2 19044.1586) | Spotify for Windows (1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c)
  • Motorola Edge 2021, Android 11 (Feb Security update, kernel 5.4.86, arm64-v8a) | Spotify (8.7.18.1138)

@Vasil I'd like to provide more technical information for a reproduction example, but to do so requires logs. I do not know where logs are located for the Spotify desktop app. And Android's logcat function may reveal sensitive information while also being quite long.

zbyder

Hi. 

Same problem in here. My details:

Smartphone:

Make: Samsung

Model: Note9

Spotify version: 8.7.18.1138

PC:

Spotify version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.82.758.g8b7b66c7

MStefan99

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

OnePlus 8 Pro, PC

Operating System

Android 11, Windows 11

Hi, same issue here. Liked songs on my desktop don't show up on my phone and vice versa. Clearing the app data on my phone (along with all the songs) seems to help, but only temporary. Windows app, however, is synced perfectly to the web player so I assume the issue is with the Android app. I am using version 8.7.20.1261 on Android and 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c on Windows.

zumosumo

Hey there!

I'm having the same issues with syncing of liked songs across my devices. Here is my info:

Samsung S20FE - android 12, One UI 4.0 - spotify ver 8.7.18.1138

Samsung tab S7FE - android 11, One UI 3.1 - spotify ver 8.7.18.1138

Windows 11 laptop -Spotify for Windows 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

I've tried removing and adding songs but they don't show up either across devices. 

Jreinaldo

Plan

Premium

Country

Uruguay 

Device

Huawei mate 20 pro / Dell inspiron laptop

Same issue here: Liked songs don't get updated from one device to the other. 

Operating System

Android - Emui 11.0.0.162 / Win 11

Spotify version

8.7.18.1138 / 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

wyldejohn

the link that got me here was a comment from 2020 fwiw

dkaksl
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (March 1, 2022)
  • Widnows 10
  • Spotify for Windows 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c, Mobile (8.7.18.1138)
rishikleo

Setting the mobile app in offline mode and then force re-syncing did the job for me

Phone OnePlus 7T Android 11

Macos 12.3.1

ShawnFroste

I got the Same problem

Huawei P30 Pro