Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume when casting Spotify

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for all your valuable information.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Roy35
Yes exactly this. The difference in volume is huge. The google assist deafens you and when someone turns on the tv after I used spotify-cast the windows almost blow out of the house.

I frustrates me that there is no solution for this for us premium users. I noticed it a month or so ago
Rikochet

Sorry to hear you've had this for a month 😞

Even on day 1 this is annoying the **bleep** out of me. Seen other threads from 2020 which just give the same advice as this.

I'll give it a couple of weeks and if it's not sorted, then I'll walk from Spotify after 15+ years.

Roy35
Yes even threads from early 2019 with the same problem.
I just don’t understand why the tech guys at spotify can not fix this. I mean, It has been ok before.
I also give it a couple of weeks and then I move over to Deezer
Rikochet

I just hate the lazy replies of reboot router, uninstall app, reboot speaker. Especially when people have already said they've done this or seeking issues across multiple devices.

There's clearly an issue and they need to get a ticket open and Techs investigating.

Albert_F

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Google Nest Mini

Operating System

Cast?

My Question or Issue

I have been having this issue with my google nest mini for a while. The volume sounds a lot quieter than normal and I don't know why. Usually when I go to sleep I set the volume to 5% and now I have to set it to 15% to get the same volume output. Same goes for normal listening I have to bump up the volume an extra 10% on absolutely anything. Listening from other sources such as tunein and simply casting from my phone using the built in Android cast feature works.

Does anyone have any clue as to what is happening?

Nisssya
  1. Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip/Tab S6 + Google Nest/Home Mini

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

The volume while casting is awfully quiet! I normally play my music at 1% while working which is perfectly audible in my bedroom. Now at 1% there is literally no sound coming out of it. When I turn up the volume to 15% I get the same amount of noise I normally get at 1%!

I've already tried reinstalling the app multiple times and I've even factory reset my Google Nest Mini but nothing seems to work. I know it's Spotify specifically however because every other way of casting to the device has the regular amount of volume. 

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I've tried everything I could find on the Internet but nothing seems to work..

CarlosE

Hi @Roy35,

Thanks for bearing with us.

We'd like to confirm if this only happens when using Connect, or if it's the same when using a different type of connection to the speakers like Bluetooth, AirPlay or a cable.

@Rikochet, could you let us know the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far so we don't repeat anything? Is it happening no matter which device you use to cast from?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Roy35
@CarlosE, it happens at any kind of casting, so yes also with Airplay and Bluetooth.
Jeremy

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We want to get to the bottom of this. We want to narrow down the issue as much as possible so thank you for helping us with this.

It would be great if you can let us know if this only happens with iOS devices, or with devices running Android as well? 

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

Roy35

I dont have an android device so i can not test this.
The problem did show up when casting with different ios devices. (Iphone 12, ipad air, iphone 8