Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non-car Bluetooth devices displaying in Car View mode

Hey there,

We've seen reports of some Bluetooth connections to other devices displaying Car View. The right team is aware of this. 

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +Vote the info requested in the Status Update.

All the best!

Hey folks!

We're aware of individual cases where this still happens and will continue looking into the issue.
We don't have an immediate ETA for a fix, but it's on our radar.

Keep your apps up to date at all times and we'll let you know once there's new info on our end 🙂
Thanks!

Comments
Jemi
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

We've seen reports of some Bluetooth connections to other devices displaying Car View. There's also the opposite issue, where connecting via Bluetooth to the car doesn't produce Car View. The right team is aware of this. 

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +Vote and commenting the following:

• Bluetooth device make, model, and what it's called in the Connect picker or Car
  • Car dashboard make and model
  • A description of the issue. E.g. were you pushed to Car View when connecting to earphones? Did you get car view when connecting to your car at all?

All the best!

Eternyt

Hi,

I'm not able to get the "car view" while connected to my Fiat Panda bluetooth on my Android phone. The name displayed while connected is "BT Uconnect".

MrPedram

Hi,

I have this issue in my car. Even better i don't have tje car view option in the app. And lately i i can't even change the song with my car command.

Car: Mini Clubman 2018

Bt: Mini81313

Phone: OnePlus 6T (Android 9)

Screenshot_20190524-232848.jpg

Screenshot_20190524-232836.jpg

Larry616

How do I turn off the Car View on my aftermarket android base car stereo? I am using the app from Google play store. I turned it off in settings, but it's still that ugly car view screen. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Pyle headunit

Operating System

Android

20190503_210540.jpg
20190503_210610.jpg
Katerina

Hey there @Larry616,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We really appreaciate your report 🙂

It'd be very helpful if you could also let us know the following:

• Your Bluetooth device's make and model
  • What it's called in the Connect picker

We'll make sure to pass these details on to the right teams, thanks!

Larry616

Samsung Galaxy s9 plus. 20190610_095438.jpg

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Kitsounddev

Hi - We have this issue on Bluetooth headphones with pairing name 'KS Accent 60' 

Kitsounddev

Hi Spotify - any update?  

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience so far.

If you're still experiencing the first issue as described by this thread's title ("Non-car Bluetooth devices displaying in Car View mode"), could you get back to us in this thread and confirm that it's still an issue, and provide us with the requested info if you haven't already? We will then pass it on to the right team who can look into it.

If you're still experiencing the second issue where connecting via Bluetooth to the car doesn't produce Car View as expected, we suggest you create a new thread for it in the help boards so that we can handle it separately. Feel free to post the link here so that other users can head over to it and leave the required info - we will then escalate it to our Ongoing Issues board and help you troubleshoot it if it's still an issue.

Thanks!

Larry616

I continue to have the same issue I already posted. All of my settings are where they should be to turn this feature off, but I still have the Car View that I would to have turned off and go back to the screen we use to have.