Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback issues: Songs going silent on Android app

We've received reports from Android users that the progress bar of a song keeps moving but there's no sound coming out. When the app is restarted, the progress bar goes back to the point where the song went silent.

Some users noticed that the issue doesn't occur if gapless playback is toggled off in the app's Settings > Playback.

Hey everyone,

In case you're experiencing this issue, make sure to give it a like and provide the following info (if you haven't already):

• does the app switch to the next song or is it stuck on the current one (with the timer still counting)?
  • your device's OS version
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • whether this occurs when playing from the mobile device directly or when connected to another device (Bluetooth, headphones, etc.)
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Thanks! We'll pass the info on to our tech folks so they can look further into this. In the meantime, you can use the following workaround of disabling Gapless playback in the app's settings to see if that does the trick for you.

As always, rest assured we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread to stay tuned!

Comments
eme2

I have the same problem, I play a playlist in echo dot and after a couple of songs the music stops but in the app it appears playing and the timeline is running.
I've tried all the recommendations, restarted ap and skill, cleared cache and storage, but the problem continues.
Android 14
Pixel 6 XL
Alexa Echo Dot

exidex

Same problem here, I start playlist after one or couple of songs sound stops playing but the time still goes on the track. Tried to clear cache -> clear data -> reinstall and literally second song played was without sound. Added link to the first song I played after reset "In The End" and next song "Bleed It Out" - no sound. But it appears seemingly for any other song as well.

Seems to be only on phone, desktop seems to work fine.

Sony Xperia 5 V

Android 14

On LTE network

https://open.spotify.com/track/3gTSFdfCW0XuYMg7xnh4WZ?si=dOP_acduQkiP6sps1yYAJQ&context=spotify%3Aal...

Having same issue for the last 3-4 days on iPhone when connected to either an Amazon speaker (echo) or a regular Bluetooth speaker (sonos or Bose) ;(

Poeten

The music stops in the middle of a song, and when I try to move to PC the music still dont play (Microsoft Edge).I can skip to next number and it will play, i can go back to start and it will play, but stop again when reaching "no sound spot". I will switch to next song.

Oneplus 12

Android 14

Spot 8.9.32.624

Happens when playing on mobile with BT headset, but can be transferred to pc.

Tried resetting app, it is on a new installed phone.

31vumkfe3birqlcrlxei

So it's already been over two months since I reported this issue. Over 200 people voted for the same issue. And yet you guys still aren't able to fix this!? Like what am I supposed to do? Spotify was my first music streaming app. Became a premium user just because I love this app. So should I just switch to another streaming platform? which I really don't want to do but you guys just doesn't seem to be serious about this problem at all. And just now, while I am typing this, the issue occurs again. 

David_BE
What I find also troublesome, is that Spotify doesn't have release notes:
we have no clue what changed in what version. On the website you find that
"we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features" ROFL!
Epek198444

Witam,nie wiem czy spotify usunęło problem czy to ja doszedłem do rozwiązania,ale mnie już działa poprawnie.

Jakość dźwięku-automatyczna jakość dźwięku przestawiłem na OFF i nie mam już tego problemu.

Spotify na Sony Xperia 5 V 

Hello, I don't know if Spotify fixed the problem or if I found the solution, but it works fine for me now.

Sound quality - I turned automatic sound quality to OFF and I no longer have this problem.

Spotify on Sony Xperia 5 V

Jurigag

Seems like I am another Sony user reporting it. At this point it feels like a specific thing for me, mostly saw Sony, but also few Pixels and Nothing phones here.

cgc0466

The app gets stuck on the current song (with the timer still counting)

Device: Galaxy S21 5G

Version: 8.9.34.590

Occurs when playing from my mobile device and another device (Bluetooth, headphones, etc.)

I've tried clearing the cache, deleting and downloading the app again, restarting my phone, checking updates for the app and for my phone, and being patient. Nothing has worked.

JohnHare7

Plan: Premium (Family)

Device: Google Pixel 7

Operating System: Android 14

Spotify Version: 8.9.34.590

This has been an on-going issue since the beginning of the year. Removed all downloaded songs, cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled the app. Issue was not remediated and is still occurring. The only way I found to temporarily stop the issue is to restart my phone. However, the issue comes back the next day.