Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Make sure that your Echo device is up-to-update, should you still experience issues. You can do this by asking Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates".

If the above doesn't do the trick, and the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new thread on our Help Board, so we can look into it further.

Cheers!

Comments
pedrocano307

Its very annoying happening to me too since 1 week ago more less

the-dodger

I have the same issue for approx 1 week now

Sepulken

The same here! 😭

tifspiff

Same issue here with Alexa but also happens when listening through my JBL speaker via bluetooth from phone. Just randomly pauses and I have to hit "play" to restart it. Have uninstalled/reinstalled, logged out/in, autoplay on/off, automix on/off, cleared cache, did update on phone. It's driving me mad as I am working with my hands all day and it's difficult to get back to my device to hit play. 

byersnc

What I tried that worked was going into a podcast that plays sleep music for a very long time (since the issue is it pauses after every other song played). I played the "Sleep Sounds podcast by Tmsoft" and they have several different tracks that last for 10 hours each. 

navrothian

Same here.  I have rebooted Alexa, ensured the most recent firmware.  I have disabled and relinked the skill.  I am not sure what else to do.  Issue started happening within the last week

pedrocano307

i dont know if clicking on the "me too" button at the starting message does something to make spotify review it

Dawndaisy73

I'm having same issues,  I've reinstalled both apps, nothing helps, getting very annoyed! 

byersnc

I had a whole thing on this, but my reply keeps getting rejected. I looked online and it said they were aware of the issue (they think it is a BIG issue) and hope to have something patched up soon. You can look up sleep podcasts for a short term fix on spotify. 

byersnc

What I tried that worked was going into a podcast that plays sleep music for a very long time (since the issue is it pauses after every other song played). I played the "Sleep Sounds podcast by Tmsoft" and they have several different tracks that last for 10 hours each.