Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Make sure that your Echo device is up-to-update, should you still experience issues. You can do this by asking Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates".

If the above doesn't do the trick, and the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new thread on our Help Board, so we can look into it further.

Cheers!

Comments
Tim-S

Also experiencing this exact issue. I've spoken with Amazon and they gave similar steps but nothing has resolved the issue.

chrisd555

Definitely seems to be a spotify issue - I've used echos in  different locations and with different phones ( ios and android) as controllers and both still pause randomly 

Wifi signal is strong 500mbps 

I've also cleared the cache 

It's only started in the last few days so something has definitely changed  

alpinch3n

Same here, exact my Problem. I resetted everything and changed also the WiFi Connections from 2,4 to 5 Ghz and back but the Problem ist the Same! It started 3-4 days ago!!

@Reddit there are a couple of Members who has the same Problem...

MB711
I listen to a playlist at night. After 1 hour the app pauses the sound. This is the second night in a row this is happening. I have iso and use Alexa. I have tried looping only one song and it still pauses. I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. No luck so far.
Maria

Thanks for all additional info @Portoman!

Just to make sure we cover all bases, could you check so that Spotify is set as the default player? You can check by following the steps under Set Spotify as the default on this page.

It's also worth trying to manually remove the app permission for Alexa on Spotify through the account page. Just head over to the account page > Manage apps. Then to re-add it, simply log back in to Alexa.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Anthonyjones

@MB711 wrote:
I listen to a playlist at night. After 1 hour the app pauses the sound. This is the second night in a row this is happening. I have iso and use Alexa. I have tried looping only one song and it still pauses. I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. No luck so far.

Hello,

It seems like your Alexa device might be experiencing a common issue where it stops playing music after a certain period of inactivity. To resolve this, you can try saying, Alexa, disable sleep timer to prevent the music from pausing. 

waces

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

various

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My laptop runs Spotify version Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.35.663.gb699649e. It connects to Amazon Echo Dot using built-in device features (and has worked fine in the last few years). The playback starts, but after 3-5 tracks, it stops. Pressing play continues the playback for the next 3-5 tracks.

The app was reinstalled, the cache was deleted, etc.

Portoman

Hello

Yes I've done those things too - it's made no difference.

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

We'd like to take a closer look at this. That being said, could you provide us with the following info (if you haven't already)?

• Does this only happen on your Alexa devices or the same happens if you're streaming directly on your devices (phone, PC, etc.)? 
  • Exact Spotify version you're running on your devices
  • Exact OS of your devices (make sure to let us know the exact make/model of your affected devices as well)
  • When did you notice this issue for the first time? Did it start happening after a specific event such as an update? 
  • Troubleshooting you've already tried 

If you know someone else who's experiencing the same, ask them to leave their info in this thread as well. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Beookieyboo

I’ve done the same thing, and it still isn’t working. It’s super frustrating