Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play button has disappeared

Users are reporting that the Shuffle Play button has disappeared. This seems to be happening on iPhones only. The Shuffle button is missing both from playlists and in the Now Playing view next to the Play-button.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
dj9281

Same problem as everyone else. Spotify was acting up yesterday. Did a clean reinstall. Now the shuffle button completely gone. 

zenvth

My shuffle button is back! Not sure if this is the case for everyone else, but I recommend checking the Appstore to see if there's an update. 

disappointed5

attn spotify: i get that you're trying to chokehold free users by taking away the reshuffle button and putting in a 2nd play button at the top of each playlist, in addition to the one we already have at the bottom of the screen 2 inches away, but it's so annoying to have to go to another playlist, shuffle that, go back to the first playlist, and shuffle in order to reshuffle the thing i was listening to.  this long pathway is significantly less time consuming than waiting for smart shuffle, something i will NEVER use, to load, so i can toggle it off and toggle regular shuffle back on.  i get that this is all a huge effort to make more money by promoting popular music and chokeholding free users, but this is ruining the paid user experience

Account Type

Premium (individual)
Country

USA

Device

IPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 17.4.1 

My Question or Issue

Usually on Premium there is a shuffle button next to the play button, but I’m not seeing it. I tried signing in and out, deleting the app and redownloading, and clearing my cache 

lydialikesgeese

This same exact thing is happening to me! I JUST switched to Spotify, and everyone I know who has it has the shuffle button next to the play on their playlists. (They have iPhones too!) So why don’t I get to have it? Until I can shuffle my playlists easy, I’m just gonna stick to using other apps. (Even though I have premium on this one. It’s been disappointing so far.)

ryntintin

iPhone XR, iOS 17.5
My shuffle button is gone next to the play button on playlists/albums but is showing on the player view. 

Eileen6

I can't see my shuffle button next to the play  no botton.