Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play button has disappeared

Users are reporting that the Shuffle Play button has disappeared. This seems to be happening on iPhones only. The Shuffle button is missing both from playlists and in the Now Playing view next to the Play-button.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
bennimarnati_97

Ciao a tutti, 

dal mio teleono (Iphone 14) non mi appare il pulsante per la riproduzione casuale. Per riprodurre casualmente i brani devo schiacciare il tasto play e solo una volta che la playlist è in riproduzione (quindi a partire dal primo brano) posso selezionare la modalità riproduzione casuale. 
Non vedo però il tasto di fianco al tasto play

Dal computer vedo regolarmente il tasto

Grazie

casuibde

@Joan @Ivelina 
I have an iOS 13 and I use premium duo. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 11.29.46 AM.png

 Every single playlist I go to looks like this. Including ones I have made. Customer support has not been able to fix this issue for me so is this going to be dealt with? Yes I have done a clean reinstall and everything they told me to do a million times but it has not worked.

31n4rshrioazo7kxghhk

3B4FC683-9318-426B-84F6-B5C6021F5EE4.png

3318A32C-8EE1-4A2E-8C8F-0B44D7A78452.png

 shuffle button gone doesn’t matter which playlist shuffle gone.

Spotify username : 31n4rshrioazo7kxghhk3ro746cm

Device : Iphone 6s

Plan : Premium (Family)

it might not be a big deal i can just shuffle when i press the now playing but each time i played on other playlist it reset to not shuffle again. I tried with another iphone XR still the button isn’t there i guess it’s account issue?

Spotify Version: 8.9.19

Kendra0

Same but I have an iphone

i have premium on Spotify and when I updated it the shuffle button disappeared so they only play in order now

how do I get it back?

crizzle666

I am also having this issue. I am using a gmail account with single sign on and an iphone. I believe it is something to do with sso and it not picking up premium on the main playlist screen. My wife is also part of the same plan with a native Spotify account also on an iphone and it is working fine.

Mati16

On all my playlists there is no shuffle button beside the play button. If u guys value your paying customer you sail fix this asap. Thanks 

jessexkirkpatrick

i also have this problem! 

iphone 14 pro max

os 17.3.1

Erinedh

Hi, 

same problem as everyone here… IPhone 12 iOS 17.4.1, ans spotify 8.9.26… I dont have the shuffle button that’s very frustrating no one can help with this issue. I have a premium account so I dont understand

Nasdaq_Nico

Hi! So long time Spotify lover. For whatever reason, I was able to see the shuffle button even before the update with the smart Shuffle — However, now I’m not seeing the shuffle button point blank? 

Which like Discover Weekly already is a godsend in my opinion so of course I’d love to get that back. I’ve read the community posts & seems this is an iOS user issue? Below are my versions/details 

iOS 17.4.1

iPhone 14 Plus
Spotify version 8.9.30

here are some screenshots:

IMG_6845.png

IMG_6846.png

IMG_6843.png

IMG_6844.png

yzy1

I tried an old account and a new one on the same iPad. (Same for my iPhone)

My old account did have the shuffle button. But I switched to the new account and it disappeared.

The worst is when I switched back, it's not there for the old account either. WEIRD.

ios 17.4.1, spotify 8.9.30.414