Premium

Country

UK

Device

Echo dot / iPad 

Operating System

iOS 12.2 on iPad. 

My Question or Issue

I can’t work out how to get Alexa linked to my Spotify. Guidance says Alexa app/ settings / music/ link new service, which leads to a Spotify button that doesn’t do anything. Manage Services has Amazon Music and Tune in added ok, but not Spotify.

I’ve seen a few variations over past years on here on how to make this happen, but can’t find one that works. UK premium service, UK address. Someone suggested using Alexa app and About to deregister echo dot, but I can’t see a deregister option there.

For a widely offered service, it surely can’t be this difficult to link the two up. I know I can play via Bluetooth but I wanted the extras this link up offers, including voice control and not tying the sound output on a device other than Alexa up. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We've made some changes backstage which should now fix the original issue as reported by users!

You can now use the steps below to link your Spotify + Alexa accounts:

1. First, make sure that both Spotify and the Amazon Alexa apps are on the latest versions available
  2. It's also a good idea to perform a soft reset/reboot your devices
  3. Then, log in to your Spotify account on a browser, head here and revoke access to Alexa
  4. On the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device:
    • Tap the three lines menu on the top left > Settings > Music & Podcasts
    • Find Spotify in the list and click Enable to Use 
    • In the authorization screen, double check that you're trying to log in with the correct Spotify account and click Agree

If you're having trouble with any of the above, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks again!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @Mackles,

Thanks for posting this!

Just to confirm, have you tried removing access to Alexa following the steps here and then following the steps here to link them again?  

If you're still experiencing this after that, it'd be helpful if you could provide these details so we can pass this along to our tech teams investigating this:

• Your device
  • The operating system of your device and its version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on
  • A list of the steps you're taking when this happens

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cbailey1994

When I click on music in settings the wheel just spins and does not give me the option to connect to anything 

ratty2us

hi, spotify is just greyed out on a Samsung phone in the alexa app, even tried changing country of residence in amazon as other forums suggest, no luck, un-installed both alexa and spotify on device, still no joy, everthing was fine till I changed my password on spotify, all had been fine for 2 yrs, now considering cancelling prime spotify as I cant use it with my alexa devices 😞

domnash

Im also having problem with this. Have a US Spotify Premium with HULU account. I've linked my Spotify account to Alexa but when I try and play Spotify it says "The Spotify Skill has not been enabled..."

domnash

While we're at it, how do I even post a new question on this forum? There seems to be no way for me to start a new topic?

LmArthur

When I say "Alexa play James Blunt cold" it repeats and says "from spotify" but it then goes silent and does not play the music 

I have spotify premium and have set it as a default but it still doesn't work 

What should I do?

FASTE

Hello, if unlink/link from alexa.amazon.com or uk doesn't works, as it not worked for me...

HERE IS SOLVE:

Just use to reset Amazon Echo devices

For example here's Dot devices reset instructions.. for me 3th gen Echo dot i press 25 seconds on Action button.. reseted device added again on APP and everything works! ( if not try to unlink and link from APP exactly) Thanks.

• To reset the Amazon Echo Dot second generation, press and hold the Microphone Off and Volume down buttons at the same time. Wait until the light ring turns orange, which should take about 20 seconds.
  • To reset the Amazon Echo Dot third generation or Echo Dot with Clock, press and hold the Action button for 25 seconds – that's the button on the right of the top panel.
Brendonspot55

I have spotify and it stopped working with Alexa.  I reinstalled app, When I go to link spotify I enter my username and password and it doesn't recognize user/password.  I will drop spotify if they don't fix it.  I have no idea how to find version of spotify or alexa.  Its the latest as of dec 2019.  I have a Samsung phone.  It was working until a few months ago and now it doesn't.

domnash

Thank you @FASTE  that worked!

Brendonspot55

I tried FAST's reset procedure but when I go to link the Alexa Skill in keeps giving me "incorrect username or password"  I have updated password and still not linking