Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on Amazon Fire TV

It no longer works on my Fire TV. I cannot log in or stream to it. None of the solutions on here work. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version on your Amazon Fire TV.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
humntrsh

Working for me now on Fire TV!

paulrichardcook

FOR THE PEOPLE USING THE FireTV OS (i.e., you've got a smart TV, and not the Fire Stick)...

IT IS FIXED.

1. On the Home screen, scroll down to the "Your Apps & Channels" line.  Scroll all the way to the right until you get to "See All ->" and click that.  That will take you to a list of all your apps.

2. Find Spotify in that app list.  Do NOT click on it.  Instead, click the Options button (the 3 bars).  From that menu that pops up in the bottom right of the screen, select "More Info" - this will take you to an App Store page for the Spotify app.

3. Beneath the description, there should be a big yellow circle indicating that there is an update.  Click that, let it do its thing, and then when it's done, you should be updated to version 1.35 of the app.  You can verify that you have this latest version by scrolling to the bottom of the screen to where it says "Details" and it will indicate the version number and the date of the version update (today, Oct 21, 2020).

4. Re-launch the Spotify app from the Home screen and it should be able to log in.

(I'd assume that this update will be automatically sent to Fire TVs over the next few days)

Chess010

I had the same problem (version 1.33) and loaded version 1.35 - now it works again!

If you want to load version 1.35:

• allow to install apps from unknown sources (Settings - My Fire TV - Developer options - Apps from Unknown Sources - ON)

• download the app "Downloader" (Apps - Categories - Utility - Downloader - install)

• open "Downloader"-App and search "spotify apk tv 1.35"

• choose a link (for example on apk.support; download apk; click on 1.35.0.apk an download)

• install version 1.35 and listen to Spotify again

Obaquerizo

As members says they saw an update, I delete the app and there it was the version 1.35 everything is ok no, so in case you don’t get the update automatically just delete the app an install again, I’m in Ecuador an now the app works fine!!! I will go to my other fire Tv do the same! Finally thanks for the help. Also I did it like this as never know how to make the update force directly by a clic! But know works!! Go do it! 

Sinnikk

Suggestion above helped. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I guess it downloaded the latest version and it now works!

Herbivore710

Same as above, delete the app and redownload it and it should work. Mine is (:

someone12345

there always seems to be some sort of glitch with spotify and and my firestick. this one is definately the worst. i use my tv 90% of the time for spotify.   

Just saw the comments and updated to 1.35, all good now ! thanks spotify 🙂

Chess010
I had the same problem version 1.33 and loaded version 1.35 - now it
works again

If you want to load version 1.35

allow to install apps from unknown sources Settings  My Fire TV

Developer options  Apps from Unknown Sources  ON

download the app Downloader Apps  Categories  Utility Downloader   install

open Downloader App and search for  spotify apk tv 1.35

choose a android link for example on apk support then download apk then
click on 1.35.0.apk and download

install version 1.35 and listen to Spotify again

Norm601

The answer is to uninstall Spotify from the FireStick and reinstall with the new version from Fire Stick Apps.   

Khazelwo

Fixed - finally!! 🎉