Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to start the Spotify app in Volvo Sensus

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about the Spotify app being stuck on the loading screen on the Volvo Sensus infotainment system.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Peter-Wien

Hallo,

Bei meinem V90, Bj 2020 funktioniert Spotify wieder nicht.

Das Update von vor zwei Wochen hat nur temporär geholfen, jetzt verbindet sich Spotify nicht mehr.

Alle anderen Internetdienste im Auto funktionieren. 

De- und Neuinstallieren hilft nicht.

Volvo meint nicht zuständig zu sein.

Ein zweites Problem habe ich auch noch, unabhängig jedoch vom jetzigen.

Im Volvo werden in der Bibliothek nur exakt 50 Künstler angezeigt. 

Auch ist eine Sortierung nicht möglich.

Hätte jemand eine Idee?

Herzliche Grüße aus Wien

MihailY

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing issues, please send over a short video or a few screenshots of how things look on your end so we can investigate further. If the video file is too large to attach, you can upload it to Google Drive (make sure to allow general access to the file) or as an unlisted YouTube video.

Thanks!

jjessegabriel

Hello,

I made video also.

My car is 2019 V60 and I tried couple weeks ago to remove the Spotify app and download it again because I didn't see any songs in the app and now I can't download the app back to my car.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sonsBreZyd-7IoUry4Nu3NQKhu0NWzf0/view?usp=drivesdk

MihailY

Hey everyone,

We've moved the comments reporting the empty search categories issue to this thread to avoid confusion. Make sure to post there if you haven't already if you're having this issue.

For anyone that's seeing the error originally reported in the current thread (the Spotify app being stuck on the loading screen), do let us know and provide a video as requested above.

In case of any other errors, please start a new thread in the relevant Help board here.

Cheers,

MihailY

Hi @jjessegabriel,

Thanks for reaching out.

We see that other users had success installing the app when using WiFi/a different network. Can you try this and let us know the result?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Hok1
Hi

Volvo XC60 D5 2018 -

Spotify is now in full working mode - including general library and sin libraries👌 - Thx for fixin it moderator - and Thx to all and specialfly to Bicax 🫡
alexandrup
After Spotify stopped working in Feb2024 I decided to delete the app and reinstall in in my car Sensus but I saw that after deleting the app it will not be displayed again in the new app section to be downloaded. I even reset my car twice but Spotify is not present anymore in the list of apps to be installed. All other apps like Tunnein are working properly. I contacted Volvo who directed me to Spotify while Spotify Customer Care service informed me that they dont know what to do in this case.
dt3ft

Hi , since yesterday same issue . App keeps on loading screen and does not start playing . Access o library is available 

jkrisinger

Hey, I still have the problem

with my Volvo xc90 (2024).

the app regularly just disappears from the screen. I have to go back to the playstore and activate and open it again - which is really annoying if you just started driving and the playstore is inactive…

in addition the app won’t start if I order it via speech command. Google says it opens Spotify - but nothing happens.

dt3ft

Hey , this is about sensus . Not android . 

I fixed mine connecting to a WiFi ( usually I use the sim connection) 

After switch to WiFi it show on another device ( Spotify on phone ) and remote start the play on car . After that starts working normal ( switch back to internal sim internet )