Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to stream BBC podcasts to Wi-Fi speaker

UK

Device

MacBook Air 10.14.2 / iPhone 6S 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

Unable to stream BBC Podcast content from either the OS or IOS Spotify App's to a Wi-Fi speaker (Libratone Zipp Mini). Other podcasts / music work fine. I have tried various BBC Podcasts and all exhibit the same issue. Streaming from iTunes and other sources works fine?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey @tjt1961,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and information with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you're on the latest version.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Comments
Omniscient1

#beenhappeningforyears

abovebelowh2o

Voted with my feet and moved to Apple Music

pavagen

Yep, did the same years back. 

smooke1

How many years are needed for Spotify to close this issue?

Omniscient1

I'd be 'happy' to know what the problem is (if its rights guys, just say so), which would at least show there was someone in Spotify land listening

themusicideasman

Surely it’s a BBC license decision.  

Omniscient1
Yes probably, but if so can't someone in Spotify tell us? It's a quick reply and would finally close this ticket down and maybe be a useful FAQ entry. But the curiosity here is why allow the BBC on at all if they're restricting part of the platform. BBC help pages say talk to your equipment vendor.
I think above all the silence from Support is most irritating.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Sbarry79

I recently created this issue - and it appears it's actually just an issue with BBC pod casts as noted here.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Developers/cant-play-this-right-now-issue-Android-mobil...

It's so depressing to see this issue open for years, along with the lack of support for multiple independent streams also being open for years.

I follow hundreds of artists as soon as I can find a way to port over to another supplier

easily im off

Amethyst_isis08

It's now May 2023 and this issue is still happening. I listen to a lot of podcasts and recently added a couple of BBC sounds podcasts to my listening stream. I play my spotify through my Alexa device when working from home and all podcasts with the exception of BBC sounds ones play. 

I am not impressed to discover there has been an ongoing issue for years and that nothing has been done to rectify it. It may be that I need to vote with my feet and head to a different podcast streaming service. If I cannot access the service I pay for then it's time to move.