Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

Hi All,

Since the update I have been unable to turn off shuffle for podcast playlists I created or follow.

I have tried pressing the button to toggle, going to the actual track and looking for the shuffle option but it's not available, deleting the playlist and populating again, but to no avail.

The only thing that worked was doing a fresh install, which displayed the playlists as they looked before the update, and the shuffle option was back, but upon re-opening the app, the issue returned.

Music playlists are working normally.

Hey there folks,

We appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community!

We've reported this with the right teams who are looking into this.

If you're also having troubles turning Shuffle off on podcast playlists, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment below with all the related details as these help the teams looking into this better reproduce what's happening:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version 
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on (you can follow the steps here to find this info out)
  • Did a clean reinstall help? 
  • Any other troubleshooting steps you've tried and their results
  • (optional) a screenrecording of what's happening - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed

We'll keep you updated here, thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @VanillaSan, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

In the Now Playing Screen tap the … top. right side and you will be able to disable the Shuffle option.

Hope it helps and take care 🙂

Casual Listener
Hello! I have tried this a couple of times, but it doesn’t give me the
option to turn it off.

It seems to only happen with podcast playlists, where you mix episodes to
listen in a certain order.
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @VanillaSan,

Could you share any screenshots of this happening?

Thanks 🙂

Casual Listener
These are the options I get:
Regular

Same issue here, screenshots attached.

this is really annoying as I usually play podcasts trough CarPlay or during sports and after each show I manually need to point it to the next episode.

328FD217-620B-4EA1-88BA-5F45AAE39D52.png
1AB0B7A3-A4F8-4F97-8660-07B9ADFD2269.png
C9D7A775-66A3-4BFD-B869-D138308B96D7.png

Hey there @VanillaSan, @MarcelSt and @Loxer,

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the app first. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. In case the clean reinstall makes no difference, try with another Internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Let us also know if you observe this on one or multiple devices. This will help us see if the issue might be device-related. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Regular

Clean reinstall done, now running release 8.5.77.1201 (no change)

Tried with iPhone both on multiple WiFi and a 4G mobile connection (no change)

Tried with web player, it says it isn't on shuffle, nor seems there to be a shuffle option either

Screenshot from 2020-09-27 10.25.18.png

Tried with Spotify on Android (tablet), the only option on playing the playlist is using shuffle play

Screenshot_20200927-102224_Spotify.png

Casual Listener

Same as the previous user said.

I have just had to manually pick the episodes but they won’t play in a series as intended for example, in an episodic podcast.

Hey @VanillaSan and @MarcelSt,   

Thanks for getting back to us and providing us with more details.

Based on the info you provided we've contacted the relevant technical team and reported the issue. 

Our best folks are already investigating this in search for a solution. We'll be posting any updates on the issue in this thread, so make sure you Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.   

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community!

We've reported this with the right teams who are looking into this.

If you're also having troubles turning Shuffle off on podcast playlists, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment below with all the related details as these help the teams looking into this better reproduce what's happening:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version 
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on (you can follow the steps here to find this info out)
  • Did a clean reinstall help? 
  • Any other troubleshooting steps you've tried and their results
  • (optional) a screenrecording of what's happening - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed

We'll keep you updated here, thanks!