Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Why your business won't last if this continues...

[All Platforms][Music] Why your business won't last if this continues...

Be the low cost provider.  Its Spotify v. Apple.  Apple is going to get exclusive rights to music no matter what you do.  Publicizing that you will diminish promotion for previously Apple exclusive music is so stupid.  Your business is reliant on artists like Drake and Frank Ocean and you're going to start a fight with them???? They are top tier contributers to the music industry and the anticipation they create for new albums is something that you're not understanding.  You need to drop prices and you need to do it fast.  I can't imagine how much business you've lost since the Frank Ocean album was released.  Do some budgeting, figure out your margins, automate jobs, get rid of unused services, simplify your platform, cut costs and lower your god darn prices.  You can't compete with Apple.  Nobody can compete with Apple. You will never have a more appealing service and even if you did, people don't care because you are not Apple.  But do you know what people do care about, money.  You need a competitive advantage in the market.  Eliminate as much overhead as possible, drop the prices and revamp all advertising to show your new position in the market. 

There's no reason to pay for Spotify if the prices aren't lower.  The service is worse and the prices are the same.  Make sure to compete for these exclusive rights enough to raise the prices that Apple pays artists.  Increase Apple expenses, decrease Apple subscribers, decrease Spotify expenses, increase Spotify subscribers.  The only other option for you right now is to invest all your liquidities in Apple stock.  Drop your prices or I'm getting Apple Music.  I **bleep**ing love Frank Ocean and you're ruining this for me.  The only reason I still have Spotify is because my girlfriend doesn't want to have to make new playlists. Please please please do something. 

1 Reply

Hate to say, competition keeps prices low. No spotify, high priced apple music. Same with other content service providers. You like  something, go there, it won't affect their business either way you go. 

Suggested posts