Harmon Kardon BDS580

Solved!

Harmon Kardon BDS580

arvine1028
Regular

Hi,

I'm just installing an HK BDS580S.

The HK packaging includes a big Spotify logo.

The headline description on the front of the packaging reads

"...BLU-RAY DISC SYSTEM WITH SPOTIFY CONNECT".

The back of the packaging mentions "Aceita Spotify Connect"

The BDS home menu has a Spotify click-able ...when clicked the TV screen is filled with Spotify logo plus back/stop/forward click-ables and a progress bar (showing no progress at all!). 

Has anyone cracked this? Found a way to enter user/password? Found a way to make it go?

Thanks for any consolation you can offer.

Chris

BDS has a wired ethernet connection (firmware/software updates downloaded fine so the BDS is connected to the internet (25mbps down)).

Everything is working fine except Spotify.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Harmon Kardon BDS580

arvine1028
Regular

DOH!!!

OHKAYYYY - so Spotify Connect needs an external device (in my case iPhone) with the Spotify App.

Run Spotify on the iPhone; do the user/pw thing on the iPhone; play something on the iPhone; tell BDS to do Spotify; down at the bottom of the iPhone screen there's a click-able (sorry - forgot what it said, but something like "available devices") and click; select the device (in my case the BDS) and it WORKS

...and it works really REALLY well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Solution!

arvine1028
Regular

DOH!!!

OHKAYYYY - so Spotify Connect needs an external device (in my case iPhone) with the Spotify App.

Run Spotify on the iPhone; do the user/pw thing on the iPhone; play something on the iPhone; tell BDS to do Spotify; down at the bottom of the iPhone screen there's a click-able (sorry - forgot what it said, but something like "available devices") and click; select the device (in my case the BDS) and it WORKS

...and it works really REALLY well.

View solution in original post

Mirah

Additionally, with your BDS580 network connected you can browse to http://AirplayIPAddress/index.asp (look up IP address on your router or BDS580 settings menu). Then at the bottom you can enter Spotify Connect device username and password.

SUGGESTED POSTS