Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I not use open.spotify on chrome?

How can I not use open.spotify on chrome?

New spotify is practically unusable with a lot of core features going kaput. However, I can access play.spotify on edge but not chrome. 

What happened in chrome and how can I go back to using play.spotify?

7 Replies

Same here. If I'm part of a test group, like said here, please remove me immediately.

First to mention, I'm not allowed to install the desktop app at work, that is not a valid solution.

I have this very simple behavior: I hear playlists or radio and when I like the song I add it to "Your Music" so it is downloaded in my phone and plays in my car.

This very basic thing is complicated in Open.Spotify! I cannot do it in the bar with the current musing playing. This is my thing, what I mostly like, top 1, and is not there!!!

Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall chrome? This usually fixes problems when something that should work does not. Seeing as accessing spotify works in this way works for me, it might just work for you.

go to the chrome web store and download the app

the app also opens open.spotify

did not work for me the screen is completely white  on play spotify.

Hey @EastonSz! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache/cookies?

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hey there,

It sounds like it could be a plugin issue.

If you click on Settings in Chrome, then scroll to bottom and click on Advanced Settings. you should see a Privacy section, click on the Contect Settings. This should open a new window. Scroll down until you see the Plugin section. Make sure the middle selection is ticked and click on Manage Exceptions. In the box type [*.]spotify.com and make sure allow is selected. Click done and that should be it fixed.

Suggested posts