Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I stop a playlist from automatically starting over when I finish it?

Solved!

How can I stop a playlist from automatically starting over when I finish it?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone, I've used Spotify Premium for over 2 years without any issues but within the last month or so I've noticed a slight annoyance that I was wondering if anyone else has experienced.

When a playlist is done playing, it automatically replays the same playlist. The same songs are back in the Queue tab. Spotify used to just stop playing music when a playlist finished, so I knew it's time to switch to another playlist. 

I remember a long time ago there used to be a feature to toggle this on and off, but I can't seem to find it. It's NOT the Autoplay setting either, I have Autoplay turned off. 

Like I said, just a small annoyance. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

-Holly

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

By autoplay, I'm assuming you are referencing the ability to play similar music to what was in the playlist after all songs have been played. If this is the case then most likely you have the replay button clicked. There are two types of replays, one that replays individual songs and one that replays libraries and playlists. If you click the replay button again it should pop up with a "1" above it, click it one more time and the replay button should grey out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

By autoplay, I'm assuming you are referencing the ability to play similar music to what was in the playlist after all songs have been played. If this is the case then most likely you have the replay button clicked. There are two types of replays, one that replays individual songs and one that replays libraries and playlists. If you click the replay button again it should pop up with a "1" above it, click it one more time and the replay button should grey out.

That's it, thank you so much!

Suggested posts