Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps adding RANDOM playlists to my account

Keeps adding RANDOM playlists to my account

Without fail - daily - spotify keeps adding RANDOM playlists to my account containing music i have NEVER listened to.  

If I don't clean them out daily - in 3 days it will fill up my account with playlists to the point it pushes out the 5 i DO have saved then I can't access them via the Apple Play.

I asusme this is why it will randomly force me to listen to these playlists.  I can listening to music and mid song the playlist will cahnge over to something I never added and will not let me go back to my playlist to the point I have to close the app down and go clean them all out again.

Im about to cancel this thing as its almost useless to me with this issue.

2 Replies

I've looked all over the mobile app, desktop app and web interface for a feature to stop this but can't find anything.

Hey @adidaswolf2

Spotify doesn't really add unwanted playlists to user accounts. That's really weird what's going on with yours.

I suggest you to go to your account page, click on Sign Out Everywhere and then change your password.

Also, go to Apps page under your Spotify account and revoke access to all those you don't need.

Note: the Lithium Community - Production comes from this community page and is harmless.

This way you can block access for any malicious person or app who have gained access to your account.

If you still have issues, please let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts