Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PS5] Weird volume behavior when playing

[PS5] Weird volume behavior when playing

Recently I noticed that when playing games on PS5 while listening to Spotify the volume will go up and down in some games (e.g. Control Ultimate Edition) and will be completely muffled in others (e.g. Destiny 2). I find myself upping the TV volume because if I up the music volume on system it’ll only make it sound overblown and the sound will still be muffled. I don’t know if it is intentional or not, but it’s really annoying. I’ve never had this problem on PS4, the volume slider was always consistent in and out of game.

I also searched for a way to fix this but there’s no setting in the console’s system that address this other than the music volume (that will only impact the music quality given this weird behavior). There’s also no settings on the Spotify app whatsoever.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

PS5 model CFI-1014A

Operating System

System software ver. 20.02-2.50.00.08-00.00.00.0.1

Spotify Version

2021.03.22_9-5b1e6c8 release-v2.102-2-gd1be29c

5 Replies

Hey @Nathan1999,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app on your PS5, to ensure you're running the latest version.

If that doesn't help, let us know if you can control the volume of the Spotify app itself while in game and if the Audio settings change in any way in different games.

Also, let us know how you connect to your speakers.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue, how do i fix it?

Hey @Ae123,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, as mentioned by @Alex above, we'd recommend starting by reinstalling the app on your Play Station 5 to check if you notice any difference.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. 

Lastly, just to confirm, are you controlling the app from a different device with the connect feature (for example, from your phone) while playing games on your console? If yes, please let us know.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Go your “Audio Output” then to “Auto Format”. From there you will put the audio to “DTS”!

This should fix your problem, if not try doing what Alex recommended.

This is all on your PlayStation 5 within your settings and behind the “sound” section!

Suggested posts