Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming Quality in Onkyo

Solved!

Streaming Quality in Onkyo

I use spotify with my Onkyo TX 8050, on my macbook, iPhone and iPad. Now I found that you can change the streaming quality (normal / high / extreme) for each device seperately; standard is low. I'd like to stream to my Onkyo with 320 kbit/s (extreme). Does anyone know where I can change the settings for the Onkyo? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thy who seach shall find.
Source: https://www.spotify.com/se/about-us/press/spotify-onkyo/

The addition of Spotify’s music service offers subscribers instant access to over 10 million songs in excellent sound quality, courtesy of Onkyo’s seamless integration of Spotify’s 320kbps bitrate and high quality Ogg Vorbis codec.

However, today we have access to 15 million songs (i think).

Long live Onkyo and Spotify. Just as good integration as beautiful combination.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I'm in same situation, don't have a clue..

It depends on who made the software in our Onkyo (i have the TX-NR709), the devs knows the answer.
Either case, i think support @ Spotify could find the answer if they care.

Marked as solution

Thy who seach shall find.
Source: https://www.spotify.com/se/about-us/press/spotify-onkyo/

The addition of Spotify’s music service offers subscribers instant access to over 10 million songs in excellent sound quality, courtesy of Onkyo’s seamless integration of Spotify’s 320kbps bitrate and high quality Ogg Vorbis codec.

However, today we have access to 15 million songs (i think).

Long live Onkyo and Spotify. Just as good integration as beautiful combination.

I have a Onkyo NR TX626 and the spotify quality is not even near 320kbps. Please advise ASAP.

@simooikeong wrote:

I have a Onkyo NR TX626 and the spotify quality is not even near 320kbps. Please advise ASAP.

How are you measuring the quality? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am comparing audio streamed through the bluetooth A2DP mode and also with the Onkyo built in Spotify app even with updated firmware. 

Listening to the audio streamed through bluetooth via the Spotify app on my Google Samsung Nexus 10 is better than the Onkyo built in Spotify app. 

However the Bluetooth A2DP only samples at 16 bit 44.1 kHz. Which is a far cry from most high end SACD or Blu Ray audio which samples at 24 bit and 192 kHz. 

Please advise.

Did you every get this resolved.  I have very poor quality on my Onkyo but OK elsewhere.

I run Linux and use the web browser but can't find out how to set the quality for the browser yet alone the Onkyo player!

PeterW

Web browser always streams at 160kbps (normal quality) as it does not have support for premium high quality playback yet.

Are you streaming Spotify directly through Onkyo or from another device?

Peter

Hi

I am streaming directly to the Onkyo using the built in Onkyo app.  I have set up the device with it's own password and is independant of any other device.

Alas I can't find any way of changing the streaming quality to the Onkyo.

PeterW

Onkyo (and almost all hardware devices) should stream at 320kbps only so you shouldn't need to manually set it anywhere.

Peter

Thanks for that.  It makes sense so I will have to look elsewhere for my problems.

on my inky t-4070 simialr issue, it does not stram the higher quality.

onky sayis spotify fault, spotfiy says dont bother us: see

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/onkyo-T-4070-streaming-quality-only-160kb...

Hello everybody... 

I also have this problem.

Have somebody of you fixed it? 

Thanks in advance! 

I have an Onkyo Tx-nr626.
I listen to Verd good Quality when playing directly from the built in app.
WhenI stream via my appletv it is reasonably good, but when I stream via Bluetooth the quality decreases a lot.
I did not find any way to set higher the quality in the onkyo, but as I said the quality is very good

Bluetooth audio sampling rate Is 44.1kHz at 16 bit. Definitely reduced quality when you listen

I have an Onkyo TX-NR828 and Spotify Premium. The same content sounds much better if I stream it to the Apple TV than using spotify connect. It is clear that the bitrate is lower than on my phone (extreme). There is no way I can adjust the streaming quality on the Onkyo. I know it's supposed to stream in the highest quality, but it clearly doesn't. Please advise!

Same as others... I have Onkyo TX-NR747 with updated firmware, and it's very clear that the music quality is poor with the built-in streaming app. I can switch to Bluetooth and it's much better, but that's not how I want to operate! Have Spotify premium, btw.

BUMP: Never received any kind of reply or recognition of the problem, but the problem remains! Please do something about it !

I solved the problem by myself. Maybe it helps you... a lot of other users
are doing it since I posted this programm: http://getjamcast.com/
With Jamcast you can stream all you need in high quality.

Hi, i had the same problem and after a couple of hours i've solved it. The problem was becouse of my router configuration, you just need to foreword 4070 port to your ONKYO IP adres. It works for me and now i haw High quality on Spotify.

Suggested posts