Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player stuck on "Advertisement"

Solved!

Web Player stuck on "Advertisement"

So my web player is stuck on a generic "advertisement." It has not loaded yet, and I cannot play any music. (Note: I am on a computer where I do not have permissions to download the full app, so that's out.) I have:

- Tried logging off and logging back on

- Tried restarting my computer

- Tried deleting cookies and browsing data

- Tried IE, Chrome and Firefox

- Tried in normal and incognito/private mode

- Tried logging out of all Spotify-enabled devices

Before I try creating a new login with a new email and losing all my playlists, or before I try tossing the computer out a window and/or never listening to music again, anyone have any ideas?

SWP Screenshot.jpg
34 Replies

This worked for me! Thanks a lot!

This happened to me as well, but opening it in app or in anouther browser/sesssion/computer has not fixed it for me. Clicking any of the play locations has no effect.

1. Log to your account

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

This fixed my week-long music drought. Thanks so much!

This totally worked! After going back and forth with Spotify support with no solution except for "create a new account", and then freezing the new account!, I almost gave up. This worked perfect. Wish the they would fix the problem, though. Thanks!

I tried all the fixes and nothing is working. The album boxes on the "full website" are all blank and clicking on them just acts like a refresh and cycles back to the same page.

I have adblocks turned off, but some "unfriendly" cookies blocked. Could be one of those causing the hang I supose.

I will go back to listening to NPR feeds for now until Spotify fixes this. Maybe you could just let us back into the old web player, it worked and we liked it better anyway.

I pulled up the Spotify App on my laptop and took control of the webplayer on my desktop. That got the webplayer working again.

However, it stops every half hour or so and gets stuck on "advertisement" again. Refreshing is clearing it for now, but that is the same lead up that I experienced before. I am sure it will get stuck again soon.

I think this whole new webplayer and the new problems are related to Spotify trying to eliminate adblockers and cookie settings. But whatever, you get what you pay for I guess.

ANSWER (for me at least)

Go to the app on your phone...and play a song on your phone. Then go to your computer, log into the web player where the ad is frozen, switch to LISTEN ON THIS WEB BROWSER.

The song that WAS playing on your phone, should now be playing on your laptop. After that just cut your phone off or if you want, you can control what you listen to on your laptop with your phone.

The main thing is to not exist at all the problem.... and no temporary solutions.

The **bleep**ing problem the last 2 days it is very intense and most common to me and friends and coleague's... so we decided to quit spotify.

Goodbye and have anice day.

That's exactly what it is. I have the same problem on my computer at work - the server Spotify plays the ads from is a know advertising server, so the software on my computer blocks it. It then gets stuck on the ad and will "stick" until I refresh the web player, then it goes another cycle. 

I would suspect the problem is a combination of both ad blockers and malware software. If they created a new server for their ads everything would be ok.

It is a pain at the **bleep**...the situation is tragic, it was fixed the last days but now it is back, everytime this happens i go to Deezer. I thing thus people who are working at dev department are not doing anything and they don't listen, they just don't care. Not only stuck at the general "advertisement" but and at ads that starts with "Click to start", "Learn more" and "Spotify ads".

Everytime doing the same process is lame so Deezer is the only option for me.

Didn't work for me, does anyone have another fix?

Lots of people are saying this works, but in accordance with my luck I have tried this so many times and still cannot listen to any music. I wish there was something I could do, but more than that I wish Spotify would do something to fix their problems. It's clearly a server issue, and they should have fixed it by now if this problem has been around for at least a year like I'm seeing people say. It's ridiculous and unprofessional.

It is clear that they fight to permanently avoid the users from using adblocks and in their effort to make it possible those who are not using adblocks are affected of this glitch of their development. By the way if you search about Internet User Rights against advertisements, the adblockers are very welcomed and it is in the users option use it or not. Spotify it is trespassing the "boundaries" of that Right(option) an Internet user has. I agree it is unacceptable behavior... but also we are stupid users because united we would had made to collect thousands of signatures to make Spotify pay  for what it is doing, but instead of that we still keep complaining in their forum and we fade away.

verrrri nice
that worked

This method worked for me. Thanks Yackemflaber!

Suggested posts