Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows Phone 10] Spotify update 2017

[Windows Phone 10] Spotify update 2017

Hi,

Do you have any plan for update of Spotigy app for Windows Phone 10 / WIndows 10 mobile / UWP in 2017.
The last version of Spotify is half or even 1 year old and essential functionality like "Spotify Connecnt" is still missing.
I am force to use other phone just to play music on any of my Hi-Fi enabaled home systems. This is really frustrating.

6 Replies

Mine crashes on open every single time. On release 14393. A fresh port from ios would be a good idea.

I like Spotify but the continued lack of a working Windows 10 Mobile app is frustrating. I originally started using Spotify because it seemed to have a Windows 10 App and, if it doesn't get a working one soon that will be the reason I stop using it.

Hey @hmalinov @froschling

From Spotify staff:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/March-2017-Ideas-Review/ba-p/1635878

https://www.neowin.net/news/spotify-app-for-windows-phones-will-no-longer-get-new-features-now-in-ma...

"Spotify for Windows Phone has been placed into maintenance mode. Thus, we will only be making critical security updates to the current Spotify app and not releasing any new features nor improving support for old devices going forward. Users can continue to use Spotify on previously supported Windows Phones and Spotify will remain on the Windows Store.

We will continue to work closely with Microsoft to ensure the best experience on Windows platforms and are constantly evaluating the most effective path going forward."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Copy/Paste much? 😉

The Spotify app for Windows10Mobile is garbage as it is. It is completely unusable. This is unnacceptable! Cancelling my subscription. 

Well it would be nice if the available app at least works ... at this time it just keeps crashing. Absolutely unusable. 

Suggested posts