Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

8.8.30 update - follower notifications

8.8.30 update - follower notifications

Hello,

I am on IOS mobile app and just got the 8.8.30 update which has the notification tab where I can see who likes my playlists and who follows me. I am wondering if I follow and quickly unfollow someone if my following notification will still appear in their notification tab if they have the update? Or will it disappear from their notification tab because I unfollowed them? If I have followed and unfollowed someone multiple times, will they have separate notifications for each time? I am also wondering if I block someone, will any of my interactions with their account that would appear in their notification tab still appear? Or would it be removed? 

Thank you

5 Replies

A howlin' hello to you claree_s!

If you follow and quickly unfollow someone, it is possible that your following notification may still appear in their notification tab if they have the update, but it is also possible that it may disappear if the unfollow action happens before the notification is sent. However, if you have followed and unfollowed someone multiple times, it is unlikely that they will have separate notifications for each time.

If you block someone, any of your interactions with their account that would appear in their notification tab will be removed. They will not be able to see any of your actions or interactions with their account after they have been blocked.

I'll be doggone if I don't hear from you,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay thank you! Can I ask how you know this? Are you an employee at Spotify or did you test it yourself?  

Pawesome to hear from you again!
As a community forum chatter just like yourself, I am not a Spotify employee. My responses are based on my knowledge and understanding of the functioning of mobile apps and the behavior of notifications in similar situations.

Also Spotify does not send notifications about your following activity. However, all Spotify users have a ‘Followers’ heading on their profile page together with the number of followers. If you follow someone, that number will increase.

I hope this information helps!

So much puppy love,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

did they really made an update that notifies you whenever someone follows you? i don't have it yet (i am on ios) but worst update ever god noooo 

It is!! But i think they delete that features again which is make me a lil sad tbh

Suggested posts