Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Levono Thinkpad P1 Gen3

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I first started using Spotify, in about 2010, there was standard playlist called "Stared".

Back then, you could click a star next to a song and it added to the Stared playlist (very similar functionality to the "Liked Songs" playlist).

I've got over 1700 songs in my Stared playlist.

I want to move all the songs from Stared to Liked Songs and delete Stared (the reason is that clicking "+" icon next to a song automatically add it to Liked Songs and I don't want to do extra clicks to add it to Stared).

However, when I select all the songs in Stared, right-click and select "Save to your Liked Songs", I get an error (see attached screenshot).

Is this a bug?  What the maximum number of songs I can save to Liked Songs in one go?

save-to-liked.png
save-to-liked-error.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the reply @saji.

I'm afraid no, but if you're still getting the error message, I'd recommend using the mobile app instead to see if that does the trick. Just open the playlist and tap the three dots menu > Add to other playlist > Liked Songs. Just note that the greyed out songs will also be transferred, so you'll have to manually remove them from the new playlist.

Hope this helps. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @saji,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

It looks like the screenshot wasn't attached properly, so we're unable to see it. Would you mind uploading it again in your next response? You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Also, just to confirm, is the same thing happening if you try to drag the songs to your Liked Songs playlist instead of right clicking? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator

Sorry about that.

I've edited the post and included the screenshots.

I originally added it but they must have been removed when it failed validation because I didn't have a "Label".

Thanks for the screenshots @saji!

Looks like you have local files in the "Starred" playlist. Try selecting all songs except the local files, then right-click > Save to your Liked Songs. This should do the trick. You can select multiple items with the Shift key on your keyboard.

As for the local files, you can manually move them afterwards. You can identify them by the slightly larger font size (+ the artist/album is unclickable, as the song is not officially published on the platform):

Hope this helps. Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

Thanks 😀

I'll give that a go, but I don't think I have local files in use on that laptop (there were on other laptops that I've had over the years)

@Yordan I turned off the local files setting and then tried again, but got the same error

I think the issue isn't local files; it's songs no longer on Spotify.

I did some experimentation with saving all songs from smaller playlist to Liked Songs.

It worked on some newer playlists and failed on my "Fave EDM", which I first created ages ago.

My Fave EDM playlist has some songs that are no longer on Spotify (see screenshot).

These are easy to find in my Fave EDM playlist as it only has 78 songs.

How can I find these songs in my "Starred" playlist that has 1,803 songs?

songs-no-longer-on-spotfiy.png

Thanks for the reply @saji!

The local files you've added previously are most likely still in the playlist - they'll be greyed out and unplayable, as they're no longer found on your system. You can either remove those from the playlist, or select all other songs except the local files and move them to a new one in batches.

As for the other unavailable songs that are also greyed out, perhaps they've since been reuploaded on the platform, but under another URI: try searching in the app to see if you can find them and add the new versions to your playlist.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

I never had MP3s of most of those files, which is why I believe it's songs that are no longer on Spotify.

I guess the reason why they are greyed out doesn't matter as I have to make sure these files are not in my 1800 song playlist if I want to select all and save to Liked Songs.

So, is there a filter I can apply to find all the unplayable songs?

Marked as solution

Thanks for the reply @saji.

I'm afraid no, but if you're still getting the error message, I'd recommend using the mobile app instead to see if that does the trick. Just open the playlist and tap the three dots menu > Add to other playlist > Liked Songs. Just note that the greyed out songs will also be transferred, so you'll have to manually remove them from the new playlist.

Hope this helps. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

YordanModerator

Thanks @yordan.

Use the mobile app did the trick 😀

Suggested posts