Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Bug

Alexa Bug

There is a persistent issue when connecting to Alexa devices from a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. If you have multiple Alexa Devices (in my case 3), the Kitchen Alexa is showing as Device Offline in the Spotify App when trying to play music on this device.

You have to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app for the individual alexa devices to become online within the Spotify App which is a serious headache!!

The "everywhere" selection within the Spotify App plays the music on all 3 devices but the other individual devices are still showing as offline eventhough music is playing everywhere.

Nothing wrong with WIFI as clearly the everywhere option works, but individual devices persistently causing issues and cannot be selected within Spotify App when changing music to different rooms. I had this issue during the summer but it went away for a while. 

I was advised to unlink Spotify from alexa and relink and that seemed to work for about 5 minutes - then the sitting room and kitchen became offline! 

This is a serious issue that needs fixing. 

1 Reply

Hey @dboy12345,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this and for the troubleshooting you've done so far!

Can you let us know if you've tried clearing cached files on your phone? In case you haven't done that, we'd recommend taking a look here for helpful tips and steps. This way you'll will make sure that any old files, that might be interfering with the app's performance, are removed.

On another note, are the other people in your home having this issue on their phones ? 

In case they're also experiencing this, it might be a good idea to factory reset your Alexa devices. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts