Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Attack to users' content

Attack to users' content

Greetings Spotify community.

I write this post to humbly request your help or guidance in solving an unjust and seemingly abusive circumstance with Spotify. This is not an attack to Spotify nor its community.

I believe I am being attacked by someone or by a false/ghost reporting program.

A playlist I have worked on ever since created and which wasn't always public keeps getting falsely reported to Spotify - resulting in my name getting removed and the playlist becomes hidden to myself and others.

I reply to Spotify as quickly as I can every time to let them know this is a notice received in error;

However I have received no answer yet. If I take any measures to re-edit my playlist's name, description, or photo, neither of them violating any rules, the notice gets triggered a couple of minutes afterwards regardless.

It has become almost evident the reporting of my list is a false recurrent attack-program to affect my playlist by some unknown competitor.

I made the playlist many years ago, inspired by an 80s movie and never intended to attain a following.

When I made it public along with other lists in my profile, no issue resulted. The abuse dates to more recent times my list reached an unexpected-yet-still-modest amount of likes AND coincides with what appears to be a comeback of the movie 30+ years later.

Before these two circumstances I never experienced any 'reporting issues'.

I have found multiple threads online where users have reported suffering a poor user experience without Spotify necessarily monitoring this directly or presently.

What suggestions do you have? Turn the playlist into a 'collaborative' one? It seems making it 'private' does not take care of the false trigger, and on top of it whoever has added the list to their collection(s) eventually loses access from what I understand.

I also see the existence of a few other playlists inspired by the movie as well. Upon careful revision I notice none of them have the following my list reached.

Those lists seem to prevail even if they use a similar title and actual movie images.

Again: I do not care about that following - it simply happened. However I am aware of what is happening.

I created my playlist out of inspiration and seeing the original movie soundtrack was not available to users on Spotify.

The irony is that during all the years of my playlist existing as it was, it never had a track from the movie itself.

I thank you sincerely for reading this.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3RYmIPAcRKnoOvNwyVso88?si=ef26d200ef514bbe

0 Replies

Suggested posts