Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Background of Lyrics aren’t appearing right

Background of Lyrics aren’t appearing right

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone SE

My Question or Issue

A few lyrics backgrounds on songs are appearing a light grey. This is making it hard to see the lyrics. I am wondering if any one else is having this issue? I have tried updating the app and unistalling it. Both didn’t help.

Also, this issue isn’t appearing in every song in an album. While some songs may have this issue, not a whole album does.

I don’t know how this post option works. If the labels aren’t correct or the image is weird, I apologize.

IMG_2283.jpg
2 Replies

Hi there @SirPox,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out!

The dynamic background color of the lyrics is determined by the album cover's prevailing color. We’re regularly looking for opportunities to enhance the user experience for everyone though, so your feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

There's a live idea here about being able to toggle off the dynamic background color for lyrics + set a custom one instead, which you may find interesting, so feel free to check it out and show your support.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply @Yordan,

In my screenshot I have added to my post, the lyrics are grey even though the album cover is mostly black with red (not shown in the post, but if you need to check it is the official cast recording of Hadestown). As I have said previously, there is some songs in this album that do appear correctly, but not all do. Maybe this is just an issue on my end. Thanks anyways.

Suggested posts