Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad identification of a local file

Solved!

Bad identification of a local file

Hi,

I have a problem with several titles from local files.

Spotify does not change the audio of the local file but changes its title and artist.
For example the song "I'm waiting" by the singer "Medina" is identified as "I'm waiting for you" by "Jeff Medina". The album is modified too.

Double problem is that having made this bad identification, the local file is not transferred to my smartphone that reads the song identified by mistake.

Can anybody help? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found a solution. Changing the file information did not work.

But by removing the file from the spotify folder, renaming it, relocating and redoing spotify it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Safka, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

Does the issue persist if you edit the info on the local files? About the files not showing up on your mobile device, try logging out and back in a few times there to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the informations of the local file and tried some changes but spotify keep on identifying the song by an other one.

The strangest is that the rest of the album "Forever 2.0" is wel identified by Spotify.

Marked as solution

I found a solution. Changing the file information did not work.

But by removing the file from the spotify folder, renaming it, relocating and redoing spotify it worked.

Hey @Safka.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm glad to know you were able to get it sorted! If you ever need us again, feel free to let us know.

Have an awesome day 🙂

Suggested posts