Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I reverse a playlist rather than just sort by recently added? Echo Dot doesn't allow sorting.

Can I reverse a playlist rather than just sort by recently added? Echo Dot doesn't allow sorting.

So the only way I can play my playlist by recently added through my Amazon Echo Dot is to start playing music from my Desktop. I want to be able to either ask my Echo Dot to sort (which it doesn't seem to allow) OR actually reverse a playlist through Desktop so that when I ask my echo to play it, everything is it recently added order.  

Thanks!   

2 Replies

Let me know once there is a fix to this. I find it very displeasing that it is by default ascending on Spotify on Android auto/Alexa/Google home which i am all using. I often have to start on my phone and then press streaming to get around it.

Hi there @16729586, and @henkero,

thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We're not completely sure if we get your requests right, but it seems you wish to be able to reverse the playback order of your playlists. To change the order on mobile you have to tap 'Recently added' a second time in the Sort menu and on desktop - click 'Date added' a second time. This should' do the trick!

If you'd like to do this via voice commands, then we're afraid that such a request is beyond the control of the Spotify Community, as voice commanding for those smart-speaker devices is developed and supported by their respective manufacturers. Depending on your device, you might want to leave your feedback and request the manufacturer to consider a feature change like this.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts