I'm a Spotify Premium user on Windows 10 and I've been unable to play my music in the desktop app or in the web player today. There are a few different things it does to me:
1. If I'm streaming, it plays for a couple seconds, then goes silent even though the time continues to move along as though the song is still playing.
2. If I've made the playlist available offline, it plays for some amount of time (nothing really regular, anything from 5 seconds to a few minutes) and then stops playing entirely with no error message (and won't let me start playing again) or stops playing and tells me the song isn't available.
3. I haven't been able to use a specific way to reproduce this, but sometimes it just starts randomly skipping around songs without playing anything at all.
1. Uninstalling and re-installing the Spotify desktop app (3 times, using different installer downloads).
2. Using the Spotify web player (it does the same thing as in number 1 above, plays for a couple seconds then goes silent).
3. High quality streaming and no high quality streaming, though this shouldn't matter as I'm a current premium user (just signed up a week ago).
4. Unchecking "Enable hardware acceleration."
5. Unchecking all the local file sources (shouldn't matter, this is a new computer as of last night and I don't have any of my music on here yet, but I tried it anyway).
I've also contacted customer support to see if they have more ideas, but I'm at a loss here. Spotify has never done this to me before, and started getting like this almost as soon as I signed up for premium. Has anyone else been experiencing this, or know what's going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Of course, as soon as I broke down and asked for help, figured out the solution!
The computer I'm on is one that I literally built last night. What does that mean? New motherboard and OEM version of Windows 10. What does that mean? Stock audio drivers from Windows (or, maybe, no audio drivers at all - not sure). All I had to do was install the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard. Seems to be working fine now, I haven't had any skips or stops in streaming for the past few minutes.