NEXT STEP

Can't see podcast in Australia region

Can't see podcast in Australia region

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

All devices (specifically tested with web player, Windows 10 and Pixel 4a)

Operating System

Android and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to migrate to using Spotify for my podcasts, and all but 1 of the ones I follow are in there - the podcast in question is "TED Radio Hour". The weird thing though is that when I use a computer in the US to search, it absolutely exists (see https://open.spotify.com/show/1vfOw64nKjQ8LzZDPCfRaO for the podcast in the web), but when I tried to open this link from my machine in Australia it won't work, and if I sign in to spotify desktop in the US machine it just hangs when I try to open the app. The show itself isn't regional in any way, shape or form, and is available in Australia on every other platform I've looked at - so I'm trying to understand what stops me from subscribing to this one myself?

1 Reply

Hey there @BrianFarnhill

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Keep in mind all contents on Spotify may vary in availability across different countries depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. This might be the reason why you can't find the podcast you're looking for when using the app in Australia. 

However, we add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find the TED Radio Hour podcast right now, it may appear soon. Alternatively, you can always contact the podcast creators with your query as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Suggested posts