Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can the search bar only look for precisely what I type, and nothing else?

Can the search bar only look for precisely what I type, and nothing else?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I don’t know who thought they were being helpful by allowing “close to” words to be included in my searches, but it is PISSING ME OFF.

Just today, I typed in the search bar “mobsters,” with a “B.” Included in my search for some unfathomable reason, is the word “monsters,” with an “N.” I DON’T WANT TO FIND MUSIC RELATED TO MONSTERS, I WANT MUSIC RELATED TO MOBSTERS. You know, the well-dressed criminals who were famous being bootleggers? Those guys!

This is just one example. This problem both effects me and affects me on a daily basis.

It adds SO MUCH extra **bleep** for me to have to dig through just to find the *precise* thing I’m wanting, and it’s all because the search bar thinks I want it to include “close enough” items in the search. I DON’T. AT ALL.

Is there some way to make the search bar stop doing this, and only give me exactly what I type? Even if I make a typo, I don’t care! *I’ll* fix that, and then I can find the precise thing I’m looking for! Please? I am literally considering switching to Apple Music, I’m so fed up with this.

1 Reply

Hey there @scottyboy4485

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome. 

Currently, it's expected that the Search bar will show similar results when you type something. However, in this article you'll find some ways to exclude or add search terms. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts