Cannot cast podcast with video to Chromecast or in Android TV app

• Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Latest Chromecast, Android TV device from Tele2

My Question or Issue

I haven't been able to cast any podcast with video to my screens connected with Chromecast since months ago. Now i got an android tv device from the local internet+tv company with the Spotify app and it doesn't play the video. What is goin on? This is absurd, i used to be able to watch videos from podcasts on my TV/screens with Chromecast before!!

You guys need to solve this, you have some exclusive video podcasts on your platform and don't support casting videos?!

Shame!! I am thinking of stopping my subscriptions and fully move to YouTube Music .

24 Replies

Hey there @0-up456fwc_zk

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

On another note, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update? 

Also, would you mind trying if the same happens in case you're casting from a different device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sorry I took long to reply, I got hopeless thinking I will never be able to get an answer.. thanks for your reply but i still have the issue.

I tried with multiple devices: casting to two different Chromecast devices from my Android phone, and from my Android TV Spotify app.

Always testing with The Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

The results are always the same: I press on play and it simply doesn't work, it does nothing.

It used to work more than a year ago, but not anymore. I could try to record a video and share it here.

Attaching video of my Android TV and Spotify app

And here i attach a video from my Google Pixel 6 Pro and Spotify app.

First i am trying to cast a podcast video to the living room tv Chromecast, and it just never manages to connect.

Then i try doing the same but with music and it works.

And last, i try again with the video podcast and when pressing play it does nothing.

Please help

Hey @0-up456fwc_zk,

Thanks for the reply and the videos.

You mentioned you've gotten a new TV and that you were able to play video through a Chromecast device. Do you mean an actual Chromecast dongle or a Chromecast implementation on the TV itself? If you have the dongle, give it a try. If you mean the TV itself, it is possible, that the manufacturer hasn't included the Spotify Video API yet. This would mean you won't be able to play the video part of the podcasts on the TV.

We were able to cast the video part of the podcast to a Chromecast dongle connected to a TV.

That's why we advise you to get in touch with the manufacturer of the TV and ask for more information on that. You can also check for some firmware updates.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

No, the tv is not new, and it used to work before.

It doesn't work casting from a mobile device to my Chromecast either...

I tried with another Android phone to connect Spotify to my Chromecast and it only works for music, for podcasts it just does nothing 

Hey there,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Have you tried a different account? This will exclude any account related issues and help us further. Give it a go.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I noticed on my Samsung TV I can watch podcast video on the app but on the Chromecast device I can only listen to audio.

I'm having the exact same problem as of last week. Prior to that could watch the joe rogan podcasts on 2 separate chromecasts on 2 different TV's  with the same phone. The audio works but no video, if I put music on, the still artwork is displayed on the TV.

I have the same issue as well. Spotify will only cast audio to google chrome cast but there is no video. The screen just stays black while the audio plays. 

I'm having the exact same problem for the past few days, has there been an update to Chromecast or Spotify that's causing problem

Hi folks, 

Thanks for flagging this issue with the Community!

In order to investigate this issue further, and see what has caused it, can you please provide us with the following info:

• Device model, OS version and Spotify app version of the device from which you're streaming music
  • Chromecast model and firmware version
  • Is this happening with all video podcasts, or just a certain podcast or podcast episode
  • When did this start happening

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried casting from my tablet and phone. I have worked with tech support so I have tried alot of stuff without luck...

Casting from:

Samsung galaxy tab 8+:SM-X806B.

Samsung galaxy s20 ultra: SM-G988B/DS. 

Both have Android version 13. One UI-version 5.1.

Spotify version 8.8.40.470

Casting to: Chromecast 

Firmwareversion: 1.56.291998

Have tried different video podcasts 

Having the exact same issue.

Hey @Damo4,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

In order to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps, would you mind confirming the troubleshooting you've tried so far?

Also, it would be great if you could include in your next response the information previously requested by @Alex as this will help us investigate it further.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also having the same issue.  I'm really struggling to justify why I am paying for spotify when this happens off and on all the time.

I'm having the exact same problem. Have tried different devices, different networks, updating/reinstalling Spotify app. I have tried Call Her Daddy and Rogan episodes. As soon as I cast to Tv, I lose video and only have audio with a black screen (title of episode shows). If I put music on, the still artwork is displayed on the TV as normal. Driving us crazy. 

P.s - casting from iPhone 14 pro iOS 16.0

to

Chromecast System firmware version: 281627
 Cast firmware: 1.56.281627

Suggested posts