Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot use Spotify Desktop App (Windows 10)

Cannot use Spotify Desktop App (Windows 10)

Every time I try to open the application on my desktop the window pulls up and is just black. The loading icon appears and disappears every second next to the cursor. I never get a "application is not responding" message and it just sits there. I've tried ending processes, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing has worked so far.

3 Replies

Hey @trentjmoore, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I see you have tried a reinstall of Spotify, but could you try a clean reinstall one more time? Does this fix the issue?

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

Hey @trentjmoore,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Spotify.

Quick question, are you using a VPN?

Also check your firewall settings, your anti-virus might think that Spotify is evil and is preventing it from loading?

Thanks

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Having the same issue. Ive done a clean install on both of my PCs with no luck. When attemping to open the app the screen starts to load and then causes my PCs to freeze completely. I have to then hard reboot my each machine thats attempted to open the app as ctl atl delete wont even work. Please provide a reslove. 

Suggested posts