NEXT STEP

Connected devices do not synch when playing

Connected devices do not synch when playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(iPhone 12, Chromecast Ultra, MacBook Pro M1 2021)

Operating System

(iOS 15.7, MacOS Montery 12.6)

My Question or Issue

I recently noticed that my connected devices are not in synch with each other.

For example; when Spotify is opened on my iPhone (listening with earplugs) and at the same time I also have Spotify opened on my MacBook (to be able to pause/play/skip/etc. more easily). I start up a playlist and Song A starts to play, then it continues to Song B on my iPhone, but on my MacBook Song A is still displayed.

It only goes back in synch when I close and reopen Spotify on my MacBook, selecting another song directly from my MacBook does not help or an error pops up saying: “Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”, this whilst the entire playlist has been downloaded for offline use and both devices are connected to the exact same WiFi-network which has a strong and stable connection.

Attached files

Both screenshots are taken at the same time.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 16.30.23.png
IMG_5621.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @Manonono_,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

It's possible this is happening due to some corrupted cache stored on both your devices. That being said, we'd suggest to perform a clean reinstall of the app in both your devices. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if this is happening if you change the internet connection you're currently using? If possible, you can created a hotspot with you cellphone and connect your computer to it. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

Lastly, can you check if this is happening if you open a different account in the affected devices? You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open their account on your devices and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts