Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Sync Wrapped Across Devices

[Desktop] Sync Wrapped Across Devices

Spotify Wrapped should consider the songs played on all devices. I listen to songs on my mobile while traveling or commuting to work. Both of which have been minimal in the last couple of years. While working, I listen to songs on the Desktop App. Somehow, the songs, total number of minutes have not considered the usage/activity on the desktop app. 

Data would be more accurate if it is taken across devices. 

5 Replies

Hey there @Prari,

Welcome to the Community!

The Wrapped personalized experience covers streaming across all platforms, provided you were logged in to the same account and didn't have a Private Session turned on, your listens on the Desktop app should count for the end of year stats.

If you want to read more about this year's Wrapped, you can check out this Newsroom article or take a look at our FAQs.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wondered the same thing - is it clear that Wrapped doesn't take the Desktop listening into account?

I wondered the same thing (as my Wrapped is way off from my actual listening - both in terms of time spent listening as well as artist diversity). If the Desktop listening is incorporated (see above answer) and I'm not in Private Mode, what's up?

Hey @bobrtf,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The most listened to songs and artists are ranked based on:

• Combination of the number of plays and the unique number of days you listened to them:
  • The top 5 songs and top 5 artists are based on playcount.
  • The ranking of the top 100 songs playlist is initially sorted by playcount, but after track 10, we apply some artist separation so it's not a direct reflection of playcount.

Hope this sheds some more light on the matter. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Appreciate the clarification - still odd that my "top song" showed all of 9 plays for the year?

Suggested posts