Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback for WP8 Spotify app Version 2.0.4933.0

Feedback for WP8 Spotify app Version 2.0.4933.0

Post your Feedback on the New WP8 App here!

35 Replies

It's been out for a year. If they have such bad programmers it is a miracle they still are alive. I have now cancelled my subscription. I will give my money to WiMP.

Will not play any songs in my playlists or what's new. Can see all my playlists. Can see all my firends under people. Can see their playlists and top music, just nothing will play at all. No Sync. offline. Tried rebooting, resintalling, login/out.

- Reigsterded in O2 Germany

- Samsung Ativ S

- Spotify version 2.0.4933.0

- Core version 0.6.4.133.gf895e1a1

- OS version 8.0.10211.204

- Firmware: 2424.12.12.3

- Tried both 3G and Wifi.

- No errors seen.

- under Settings -> Offline & sync -> connection type shows 'none' and '! no network available'

Hi,
after a support conversation, i will tell you, that my problem is solved.
The problem was with the Facebook registration confirmation,
without registration confirmation the app works fine.

I have in FB an "password for applications" created and so Does the app
And I can continue to use the registration confirmation.

Hope this helps even one or the other. 🙂

sorry Translatet with google 😉

It's much smoother than the beta version but in general this is much worse. First I could not see my playlists and when I did they were missing songs. I figured out that if you reboot Spotify in your phone enough you can see your playlists/songs. Mostly I have the same problem as this other finnish guy in this thread. Music stops when the screen is locked. No matter if the album/playlist is on shuffle or not. If it suddenly starts working then Spotify will say it is in offline-mode and I cant search anything before I'll restart the application. Kinda interesting that it can play the album even when it's in offline-mode? And yes, I have reinstalled the application.

I have recently started to get really disappointed with Spotify because desktop client (windows 7, 64bit) is really slow and does not work at all compared to old versions. I can live with that because I'm using the beta web player what is much smoother. But when I'm at work I want to listen music smoothly. I don't have time to take out my phone after every song to unlock the screen and change to the next song. Is there any way that I can get the beta version back from somewhere somehow because that atleast worked much better than this one. I must admit that I'm thinking about stop paying 10e/month because of this... These new changes are good but all I need is a stable version without bugs/glitches. In the future when bugs have been fixed I would say I need a radio in to this.

Information:

- Finland

- Nokia Lumia 920

- Spotify WP8 version 2.0.4933.0 (core 0.6.4.113.gf895e1a1)

- Using mostly 3G, sometimes WiFi

EDIT: I did try again turning shuffle on/off and it somehow worked for now. Will see tomorrow at work will it still work in there.r

EDIT 2: Nope, turning shuffle on/off does not work all the time to the problem. It works for a while and then stopping starts again. Seems like this is a random thing?

Hello

Are you planning to bring the new version for us Windows Phone 7.8 users? It would be really nice since I have used the buggy version for over a year now and actually paid for it the whole time.

@user-removed wrote:

Hello

Are you planning to bring the new version for us Windows Phone 7.8 users? It would be really nice since I have used the buggy version for over a year now and actually paid for it the whole time.

Unfortunately not, Windows Phone 7.x support was ended when the Windows Phone 8 application was launched. There will be no further updates for that platform. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well are you even willing to keep the app alive, I mean that it can still play music in future even if something changes for example in Spotify's server side?

@Mysticization wrote:

Well are you even willing to keep the app alive, I mean that it can still play music in future even if something changes for example in Spotify's server side?

I don't work for Spotify, so I am not 100% sure.

However, to my knowledge all legacy Spotify applications including ancient versions of the desktop client still work so its nothing an issue that has ever come up (more than temporarily).

Peter

Peter

Hello!!!

Why is spotify not free as it is on android phones and apple phones ??

My brother have a phone 4 and he can play music without a premium account.

I think that is bad and IM seriously thinking about get  another app on my phone that's free and docent lie about what's free and not free !!!

@MichaelJerzak wrote:

@MichaelJerzak wrote:

Be sure to add your vote to:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/WP8-Bring-Spotify-Free-to-Windows-Phone/idi-p/615580

Peter

I just updated my Nokia Lumia 822 with new Spotify app.

Many of my playlists are missing on the phone; they are not in the order that they were.

Spotify opens to Popular Playlists instead of my Playlists which is what I'd like to see.

From where I sit - you took an app that was working fine and made it worse.

Very unhappy with this update.

Andrew Morris

Why update the app without adding filtering in playlists? I still need to scroll through 1000+ songs to find stuff. Is that possible on your beloved iOS and Android?

I discovered when I hit the three bars in the upper left on the Spotify "home" screen that I have a choice of:

"Andrew Morris"  (which is my name)

"playlists"

as well as other choices.

"Andrew Morris" provides me with a random subset of playlists (I don't know how its been setup to show which playlists)

"playlists" seems to have all my playlists including my most current playlists in chronological order (the most current being on top of the list)

Which is to say I've found out how to get to my playlists.

I would suggest that you provide an option to open with "playlists" instead of "Popular Playlists" which seems to be the unchangeable default.

Andrew Morris

Hello,

So much happier with the WP8 app experience now! Few suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to add the ability to go back to the playlist from the now playing screen? You can go to album or go to artist, but sometimes I just want to look at the playlist and find another tune.

2) Whenever I pull up a playlist pinned to start it will sometimes restart the entire thing, vs..just picking up where it was if the playlist is already playing. Same if I click the Spotify app logo, it just restarts the playlist. Sort of frustrating if I want to see what's playing.

3) Any chance you can add the ability to send songs to Spotify friends? Not just sms copy link etc but into your Spotify friends inbox?

4) Any chance for push notifications when someone sends something to your inbox or updates a playlist? I loved that on android and miss it quite a bit now.

The Windows Phone version is completely abandon. It's really disappointing. It doesn't even have Connect on it. Work on it!!! I'm pay as much as Android and iOS users.

Abandoned, really? It got updated less than a month ago.

the app makes me want to cry. full offense. 

Suggested posts