Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Four albums/artists stuck at the top of my main page

Four albums/artists stuck at the top of my main page

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

The issue exists in all of my devices — iPhone X, iPad Pro 1st Gen, 2013 iMac — and thus isn’t a device-specific issue.

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1 and MacOS Catalina. The issue isn’t OS-specific either, I believe.

My Question or Issue

A few months ago, a group of friends listened to what I believe was four albums/artists on a smart TV which I had logged into with my Spotify account. These four albums/artists, despite not having been listened to in months, are permanently stuck to the top of my main page. They cannot be removed, and they’re not displayed as the usual album suggestions either. These four have appeared under the various titles “good night” or “shortcut”, but without exception at the very top of the home page. What could possibly be the cause of this, and how do I get rid of it? I have undownloaded and redownloaded the app to no avail, and the issue is almost certainly unrelated to my devices or OSs, as it is universal amongst all my Spotify log-ins. It is also extremely frusturating, being perhaps the only thing more annoying than Spotify’s god-awful, ever-worsening algorithm that recommends the same six albums that I don’t want to listen to in the same order.

1 Reply

Hi there @yaguzi,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Our team is aware of this and are currently looking into it. You can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread for more info on the topic. 

Regarding the song recommendations - we recommend listening to songs from the search engine as well as from curated playlists. Liking songs and artists also helps. Note that you can Hide songs that you don't like using the Mobile app, and stop artists from being played by clicking the 3-dot menu on any artist page and selection Don't play this on Mobile.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts