[Google Nest Mini] sound just disapears

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Google Nest Mini 2nd generation

My Question or Issue

Since one week, the play of my Spotify playlists on my google nest mini just stops. When I open the app on my mobile phone, I see that the song is still playing. In that case it helps either to move the slider in the app or to ask my nest to stop the music and then ask it to start the playlist. I have no problems when playing music on my phone or via web interface on my laptop. Sometime it happens during the first song sometimes after 10 songs, it is random. Also I did not notice this on my nest mini when I use youtube to play music.

I already tried resetting the nest on factory settings and also unlinked the Spotify and relinked it several times but it did not help.

Can someone help me with this because it is rather annoying to have to intervene with the music often.

3 Replies

C'mon, it is not possible that nobody has any suggestion?

This issue is driving me crazy.

Same here, have you been able to find a solution since then?

Hey there @apnx,

Welcome to the Community!

In order for the device to function properly, you need to make sure that the speaker is close enough to your router. The recommended distance between your Google Nest Mini and the router is 5- 7 meters (15-20 ft.) away from each other.

Can you tell us if you've already tried to unlink and re-link your Spotify account from the native app and Google Home app - in that way, you are refreshing the connections between the source and speaker.

If all else fails, proceed with factory data reset. Note: after doing a factory reset, your device will require you to set it up again.

In case none of this helps, we recommend you reach out to  Google Nest Support Team here

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts