Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google assistant doesn't have enough time to reply before Spotify resumes

Google assistant doesn't have enough time to reply before Spotify resumes

I also have this issue in my car using the voice command button on my steering wheel. The Google assistant doesn't have enough time to reply before Spotify resumes. So for example if I ask "what's the weather like tomorrow" the assistant will only reply with the "weather tomorrow will be..." Before it's cut off by Spotify which resumes playing my music!

1 Reply

Hey @josh58,

Thanks for posting in the Community and for the info shared.

We hope you don't mind us moving your reply, as it fits better here in a new thread since you mentioned a different inconvenience. We'd also like to add we edit the title to the post, so it matches better the inconvenience you're mentioning. 

That being said, we'd recommend unlinking your Spotify account from your Google account to see if you notice any difference. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. On your Android phone, go to Assistant settings, or open the Google Assistant app and say "Assistant Settings".
  2. Scroll up and select Music.
  3. If you see Spotify there, unlinked.
  4. Once you've done that, you can link your Spotify account to Google by following the steps in this article.

If this doesn't do the trick, you can try by restarting your device. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts