Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play my Spotify list om more than one device (i.e. max 3)

How to play my Spotify list om more than one device (i.e. max 3)

Hi all,

I have been looking in FAQ's and the forum to find an answer to the question in regard to playing music from my account, using multiple speakers in different rooms

Question - HOW TO PLAY MY LIST ON MORE THAN ONE DEVICE.

I use my pc's, wireless speakers and Google Home with Nest mini's. All in different rooms. Lets say a maximum of three speakers at the same time on account.

I could find one post from 2013 (see below). The then answer of the experts from Spotify was that at the time they didnt have priority for this request, though there were more than, 8800 kudos (!!) supporting it. Since this is a very long time ago, I have the courage to ask this again. Since it is a real nuisance when walking about in the house.

I wonder if this is possible already or be possible in the near future.

For your information : the post from 2013 follows :

Topic : [Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Submitted by Daniel on ‎2013-12-10 10:00 AM

Now that connect is becoming available, it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example, I have 2 connect compatible speakers... it would be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without stretching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

2 Replies

Hey @Theodam,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Spotify is a streaming service that allows users to play music online on their favorite devices. However, you can only listen from one device at the same time using the one account. If you try to listen on another device, the tracks will start playing on the new device but will stop on the other one.

As an alternative, if you have a Premium subscription, you can activate the feature "Offline mode" in one of the devices and leave the other Online. That way, you can use both devices to play music with the same account, but there won't be any syncing between the playback of the devices.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you

Today I found you can make a speakers group. If you do that, you can play
on more than one speaker at the same time.

**bleep**.

Suggested posts