Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is the web player abandonware?

Is the web player abandonware?

What's going on with the web player? I have a Chromebook so it's pretty important to me, but it seems completely abandoned for the following reasons:

• Still shows the Starred playlist
  • Uses the old font
  • Doesn't support Connect
  • Cannot rearrange songs in playlists
  • Shows the old Radio format

In this day and age where web apps are becoming not only better, but also on the verge of replacing desktop apps, I can't believe Spotify seems to have stopped development on this platform (well, actually, given other developments here, I can, I guess).

Any news here?

4 Replies

I actually prefer the old version over the new one. For example, it still has the notification bell and notifications, which I sorely miss in the newer version.

I get what you're saying, don't get me wrong, I just like that it has some functionality the Desktop app has gone missing.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello.

Maybe it's because your web browser isn't updated?

I'm using a Chromebook which runs the latest version of Chrome. It's definitely supported, and the web player works. It just hasn't been updated to include most of the noticeable changes seen in the other apps in a very long time.

That's a good point with the notifications bell. I'm sure they'll take it away soon enough though (but maybe we'll be able to arrange songs in playlists too).

Suggested posts