Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with empty playlists on network devices (tv, network hifi players, other network devices)

Solved!

Issue with empty playlists on network devices (tv, network hifi players, other network devices)

Something is changed in Spotify api recently, because I cannot get Playlists on my Marantz. Loging out, factory reset deos not help. Playlists show empty.

Spotify - fix this asap, as I will be quiting premium if I cannot play it on my hifi stereo.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They never did follow it up, despite many exchanges from me.  However, I resolved it myself to a degree.  I deleted all of the playlist that were created by Spotify and stopped following artists.  Essentially I now only have the playlists that I have created.  I did this on my PC, then logged out and back in on my wi-fi player and the playlists loaded up immediately, like they used to.  The only issue I have now (apart from if I add a Spotify playlist it reverts to the problem) is that when I add any new playlists or songs/albums to the lists on my PC, I have to log in and out of my Spotify account on my wi-fi player for it to refresh and be available on the wi-fi player.  It's not ideal but I can live with that.

View solution in original post

71 Replies

I have the same issue with my marantz. Search is working wrll but playlists are empty. I can see the playlists on my android phone so it looks lika a bug on hifi network receivers.

Same problem for me! It's a shame!

On denon Piccolo n5

Same problem @ my marantz SR5007 AVR

The same problem with DENON CEOL 2 (N-8) also tried logging out, restrating and even deleting playlists, no result!

I am having the same problem on my Marabtz M-CR610, can search and play starred tracks but playlists are empy - I need this working as I pay for premium and only use on my Marantz - thank you

Similar issue here but my playlists eventually show-up after 4 and a half minutes. I reported this to Marantz on 28th December 2016, it was taking 60 seconds for playlists to respond this stage. They replied with the procedure to factory reset and reinitialize. Did that, now waiting 4.5 minutes and they seem to be ignoring me now. 

Equipment: Marantz M-CR610

Same here with my MCR-510.

Playlists show as 'Empty'.

Restoring to factory defaults and logging out/in does not help.
'Search' or 'What's new' work flawlessly.

How are you communicating with them?  I'm not sure of my next steps in getting them to look at the problem.

I created an account back in October last year because of a similar issue. 

https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/contactus/pages/contactus.aspx

Thank you for link I will contact them.  However I think this is an issue with Spotify's service, don't you? I'm basing that on other posts I've read.

Polish Marantz Customer Support said that the issue was caused by Spotify APIs.

When it will be fixed - nobody knows.

Thanks for the info, I am taking to Twitter to get an update....I'll see where that goes;

this must get resolved, not good enough!

I have a topic concerning empty playlist but for the Western Digital TV Live media player. Started 2 days ago and resetting the WDTV etc did not help at all. On webplayer spotify i have no issues at all. Need a solution as well !!

The resetting seems to be their standard response.  Shut down reboot.........but it clearly is not resolving the issue.  Spotify need to be informing their paying customers of plans to fix and timescales.  I'll post an update here on my Twitter response.

It is obvious, that this is caused by the Spotify API change, as a lot of people are complaining about empty playlists on various network devices...

This thread is far from solved!

Got the same problem on Denon RCD-N8 since december 2016.
The stared and all other playlist freeze my Denon for some minutes and after that I get the message "empty list".

I have the same problem on my Marantz sr7008.

Did anybody received any help from Spotify? I've just got an email and Spotyfy said that they can't do anythingh about it and I should send my Denon to be repaired....

Suggested posts