Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG 37LM620S tv

LG 37LM620S tv

Hi, 

I try to get Spotify on my new smart tv. I get the main page, and it reognizes my premium account. But that is as far as I get. How to go to the music pages?

When I click the green "get spotify" button, ithe reply is that it supports only Windows and Mac.

Thanks Jan Timmerman

5 Replies

Hi jgtimmerman,

How is it even possible for you to get Spotify on your LG tv? As far as I know that's not possible. Unfortunately. Together with a lot of other people, I'm waiting to get the Spotify tv app on my LG smart tv.

Regards,

Chris

@Chrisnr1 wrote:

Hi jgtimmerman,

How is it even possible for you to get Spotify on your LG tv? As far as I know that's not possible. Unfortunately. Together with a lot of other people, I'm waiting to get the Spotify tv app on my LG smart tv.

Regards,

Chris

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like the OP is referring to the get Spotify button on the main Spotify website, which is why they get the error message. Spotify do not currently support LG smart TVs, but if you would like to see it implemented then be sure to add your kudos to this post over on the Ideas Exchange. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks!

So, is it true that only if you get enough kudos, you might produce an app for LG? The internet is full of this same request, but I can imagine not everyone watches this forum. It took a while for me as well. 

Fact is, LG is (one of) the biggest producers of Smart TVs. What are the chances you will make an app for those TVs? Or what should I do to convince you?:-)

Chris

@Chrisnr1 wrote:

Thanks!

So, is it true that only if you get enough kudos, you might produce an app for LG? The internet is full of this same request, but I can imagine not everyone watches this forum. It took a while for me as well. 

Fact is, LG is (one of) the biggest producers of Smart TVs. What are the chances you will make an app for those TVs? Or what should I do to convince you?:-)

Chris

Hey again 🙂

I don't work for Spotify, so it is not me you need to convince 😛

The Ideas Exchange is the best place to suggest new ideas and gather feedback. It is not all down to kudos counts, although that does play a part. The community staff constantly look for new ideas in that section and then pass them onto internal teams if they gain enough interest. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There is no video capability on the app and therefore the app is garbage. Spotify acquired Rogan months and millions of dollars ago and his videos aren't on the app. Is Spotify catering to a vocal minority, yes or yes?

Suggested posts