Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Language settings

Solved!

Language settings

On the web player, I'm stuck with Japanese web UI. I don't see a language option from my account page: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

Supposedly, there's a Language option according to the support page, but I don't see it.

I'm in NYC, so I think it should auto-determine that the UI should be in English. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to determine that the Accept-Language request header determined the language Spotify serves content in.

In Chrome settings, I changed language preference order from:

1. English (United States)
2. Japanese
3. English

To:

2. English
3. Japanese

I'm not sure why my language pref order was such before. Spotify is the only website t

that had this issue. The Request / Response changed from:

HTTP Request

Accept-Language:en-US,ja-JP;q=0.8,ja;q=0.6,en;q=0.4

Response

<meta ng-non-bindable sp-bootstrap-data='{"country":"US","locales":["en_US","ja_JP","ja","en"],"BON":[...]}'>

To:

Accept-Language:en-US,ja-JP;q=0.8,en;q=0.6,ja;q=0.4
<meta ng-non-bindable sp-bootstrap-data='{"country":"US","locales":["en_US","ja_JP","en","ja"],"BON":[...]}'>

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @tomh3! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try clearing browsing cache and cookies? After that try relogging in that exact page or change ''US'' in https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ to another country like UK for example.

Let me know how it goes!

Marked as solution

I was able to determine that the Accept-Language request header determined the language Spotify serves content in.

In Chrome settings, I changed language preference order from:

2. Japanese
3. English

To:

2. English
3. Japanese

I'm not sure why my language pref order was such before. Spotify is the only website t

that had this issue. The Request / Response changed from:

HTTP Request

Accept-Language:en-US,ja-JP;q=0.8,ja;q=0.6,en;q=0.4

Response

<meta ng-non-bindable sp-bootstrap-data='{"country":"US","locales":["en_US","ja_JP","ja","en"],"BON":[...]}'>

To:

Accept-Language:en-US,ja-JP;q=0.8,en;q=0.6,ja;q=0.4
<meta ng-non-bindable sp-bootstrap-data='{"country":"US","locales":["en_US","ja_JP","en","ja"],"BON":[...]}'>

Suggested posts