Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local songs greyed out on PC but active on phone

Local songs greyed out on PC but active on phone

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I had .mp3 files placed in the music library folder on my old PC. Keep in mind these files are synced to my phone and I downloaded them for offline use. Now I have a new PC and don't have any access to those old .mp3 files.

My issue here is that I am not able to listen to those songs on my PC but instead on my phone, as they were previously downloaded for offline use. Is there a way to listen to them on desktop?

1 Reply

Hey @Ishvone,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

There is currently no way of transferring music from Spotify on your phone directly to you computer. To listen to the same playlists on your computer offline, you should login with the same account and download the playlist on your computer as well.
The offline files need to be present on the device in order for them to sync online so that they can be downloaded again and there is no way of going around that at the moment.
(Keep in mind that, if you do have access to your old hard drive/SSD, the component could get integrated in your current setup so that you can have access to your old files once again)

Thanks for understanding.
We're here for you if anything else comes up!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts