Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging into Sonos

Solved!

Logging into Sonos

I ordered a password for Spotify to be able to use Sonos.

I got the message that the link for the the password has been sent to my email (a week ago).

In fact I haven´t got an email.

I tried several times, but I didn`t get an answer.

I sent a message to the support (number:331764) six days ago, but I didn´t get an answer so far.

Please help me, it´s really important. If it doesn´t work I will unfortunately cancel my subscription for Spotify Premium.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there,

I've just located your case. I'll pop you an email!
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi -- I am having the exact same problem as the original poster.  I have a Premium acccount, and want to try Spotify on my Sonos system.  I dutifully clicked on the "Send device ID and passord to your email address" and have never gotten an email.  Yes, I checked all possible blockers.  Have tried it several times over the last few days.  No luck.

David, can you please send me the dervice ID and password so I can use Spotify on my Sonos system?   Thanks!

Marked as solution

Chrisness - Welcome to the Community! As you created your Spotify account before our integration with Facebook, you don't need a device password to log in. This is why you haven't seen anything regarding a Device ID. Simply log in with your original username 'cwcook' and your Spotify password, and you'll get in.

Johnradams - What exactly were you having trouble with on your Sonos?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

GravyBoat - When you click on that link we send through via email, to set the device password, do you then log in with your Facebook details? Once you log in, you should then enter the page to set up the password.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂 

Just been talking to one of the community staff. This issue is known and they are looking into it, however as it is the weekend it might take some time. 

You can request a device password manually by getting in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form if you would rather not wait!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

51 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there,

I've just located your case. I'll pop you an email!
Airhorn Enthusiast

It works. Thank you!!!

Hi

I had the exact same problem and have had it happen multiple times. For instance, today I received an email from Spotify withthe subject line "Your Spotify device password"  The email gives me my device username and to set my device password. The link takes me to a facebook or spotfy log-in and if I log-in, once again, I am not sent a password to my email for my device. 

Any way of solving similar to the other spotify user would be great. 

Thank you

Hi befra8- I believe the problem here is you've got a free account. A Premium subscription is required in order to use Spotify with partner devices such as Sonos. 

I can see you just finished a 48 hour Premium trial with us though. You should've received an email offering to extend that by another 30 days. 

Please have a look in your inbox (and your SPAM filter). Once you've extended that trial you can give using Spotify on your Sonos a test drive. 

Marked as solution

Hi -- I am having the exact same problem as the original poster.  I have a Premium acccount, and want to try Spotify on my Sonos system.  I dutifully clicked on the "Send device ID and passord to your email address" and have never gotten an email.  Yes, I checked all possible blockers.  Have tried it several times over the last few days.  No luck.

David, can you please send me the dervice ID and password so I can use Spotify on my Sonos system?   Thanks!

Johnradams - I've just popped an email over to you. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have had the same problem.  I keep clicking to get the email and never receive it.  Can you please send me an email with my device password?

Well, I have successfully entered by DeviceID and password (provided via email by Spotify, courtesy of the Spotify staff).

My next challenge is that the Sonos app running on my Windows 7 box reports "Unable to browse music" when I try to access Spotify.  I am able to use Spotify's app from this PC, so I know that my Spotify account is worlking properly, etc.

It appears that the "Unable to browse for music" error within the Sonos app is a Sonos issue, not a Spotify issue, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for ideas here in this forum.  Anybody else see this?  Got ideas?  Thanks!

Same problem here. I'm a premium subscriber and got an email with a device id and something that says to click on it to create a password, but that just brings me to the icons to sign in using FB login or Spotify details. This is seriously frustrating. Please help. I just want to use Spotify on Sonos. Pretty simple.

BrendanNYC - When this screen with the two log in options comes up, are you clicking on 'Login with Facebook' and logging into the website? Once you log in, the option to set your password should appear.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okay, I've been trying intermittently for weeks.. I'm stumped.

Sonos directs me to this page [https://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/] to create a device password. On that page, I click "create your device password here" which takes me to the Edit Profile page [https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/].

There's nothing on the Edit Profile page about a Device ID. Nor does my Device ID get emailed to me after I make updates to my account information (such as changing my password).

I'm a premium subscriber, running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and the recently updated Sonos desktop controller. Help please?

I decided the simplest solution was to simply cancel Spotify.  I was never comfortable with "logging in via Facebook", and certainly don't like all of this Spotify junk appearing on my Windows 7 PC.  And, of course, Spotify never worked with Sonos (or vice-versa, whatever), which was the sole reason that I tried Spotify anyway.  So, I had all of the negatives, and none of the benefits -- and was paying for the privilege, to boot.

Marked as solution

Chrisness - Welcome to the Community! As you created your Spotify account before our integration with Facebook, you don't need a device password to log in. This is why you haven't seen anything regarding a Device ID. Simply log in with your original username 'cwcook' and your Spotify password, and you'll get in.

Johnradams - What exactly were you having trouble with on your Sonos?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction.

I'm new to Spotify and new to Sonos.  I can't seem to link the two together.

I try to connect them from the Sonos control screen.  It asks me if I have an account to which I click on Yes.

It the tells me that I cannot log on with a Facebook account and follow the link to get Spotify log on info.

It tells me my user name/number 11367***** ( not sure if I should put number up in forum?)

I then click on set your device password, which then sends an email with my user number and a link which takes me back to the screen that asks for you to log on with either Facebook or Spotify, which starts the whole cycle again.  Am I missing something?

Hope someone can help.

n.b. I'm using the 30 day free premium trial.

Thanks

Marked as solution

GravyBoat - When you click on that link we send through via email, to set the device password, do you then log in with your Facebook details? Once you log in, you should then enter the page to set up the password.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam,

I think I was stopping short in the process when it got to logging in with Facebook.

All sorted now.

Thanks again for your help

I have the same problem

I don't recall the exact experience.  As I recall, the instructions did not match what the Sonos UI presented.

I can say that this whole business of requiring people to "login with facebook!" is not appealing to me.

I'm back with Rhapsody (well, I never left), and am quite happy to have access to essentially all music.  Without the clutter.  In other words, I am delighted to miss out on knowing what music someone is listening to while s/he is on the toilet, or whatever other info is so readily available.

I'm having the same problem as others have outlined. I'm now a premium subscriber but when I request the username and password to use on my Sonos, I'm told I've an email has been sent. But no email, despite trying lots of times. Please help.

Suggested posts