Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Long Song Names - How to read??

Long Song Names - How to read??

Hi,

Is it actually impossible to view long song names without playing each one in turn and viewing it? See attached picture for an example. Doesn’t crop up frequently but very annoying. 

Thanks

A7984448-F9F6-4411-8FF1-E5F4139361CC.png
Top Answer
Kiril

Hi @HarryESHall,

Thank you for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

I can see where you're coming from and how this could be a bit annoying when having really long titles of certain songs/shows. However, at the moment this is an expected situation, as every device has different screen size and display resolution, hence the visual experience across platforms differs as it depends on the aforementioned factors.

Our app tries to provide you with the full title (as it's creator intended), but as I said the limitations come from the displaying capabilities of the particular device. For example on my mobile device's screen (which is 6.21 inches) I see even less characters than you for the same titles you sent in the screenshot. On desktop however, you can see the full titles if your app is launched in full screen mode. So to sum this up,  at the moment you can observe the full name of an entry on a device that has the necessary screen size and resolution. For all other cases you can look at the now playing bar, where longer titles roll back in a ticker display fashion and so you can read them in full from there.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

33 Replies

Hi @HarryESHall,

Thank you for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

I can see where you're coming from and how this could be a bit annoying when having really long titles of certain songs/shows. However, at the moment this is an expected situation, as every device has different screen size and display resolution, hence the visual experience across platforms differs as it depends on the aforementioned factors.

Our app tries to provide you with the full title (as it's creator intended), but as I said the limitations come from the displaying capabilities of the particular device. For example on my mobile device's screen (which is 6.21 inches) I see even less characters than you for the same titles you sent in the screenshot. On desktop however, you can see the full titles if your app is launched in full screen mode. So to sum this up,  at the moment you can observe the full name of an entry on a device that has the necessary screen size and resolution. For all other cases you can look at the now playing bar, where longer titles roll back in a ticker display fashion and so you can read them in full from there.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there any work to fix this?

Hi there @dmly,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this moment we recommend that you take part of the information that's provided above.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Kiril, 

I found that even when viewing the spotify desktop app in full screen on my 16" laptop the song titles on this album  were blocked by the plays column. Is there a solution to this? 

For me this makes many albums unuseable for anyone looking for specific tracks, I appreciate the comment about screen real-estate, but there are lots of well-understood UI approaches to circumvent this, would be great to be able to see the full title at least via a link to launch a text-wrapped popup for example.  The player bar where 'longer titles roll back in a ticker display fashion and so you can read them in full from there' is also painful waiting for the title to scroll, for the track I'm just listening took 40 seconds to get to the full title, so if you're using this approach to flick through all the tracks looking for a specific track it takes forever. Would at least be good to have a text wrapped option on this screen if not elsewhere. Thank you for listening 🙂

Hi, this is a problem very very common to classical music, and for classical music listeners there should probably be some solution. For a ”normal” user, there are only a few songs that will ever be affected by problems related to long titles, but for Classical music listeners, it is all songs. It is impossible to pick a certain track, since you display every song as the same. This should be a prioritzed fix since it is not a minor problem to a large subset of your paying customers, no?

best regards

Adan

best

This problem has been around for so long, and you'd think it be so easy to just allow to slide the cell to show the full name. The answers from Spotify aren't helpful at all. Probably Spotify devs themselves don't listen to a lot of classical music. I only listen to classical music, but I try to avoid Spotify for this lack of basic functionality of being able to see the full name of the song. 

The easy solution is to change order in song title. Instead of Artist, album, song title it shoud be song title, album, Author, Artist.

Ideally it should be configurable in the settings by individual user too

I’m sorry but this really isn’t all that helpful, as many users have pointed out, there are already several apps that have addressed this by having scrolling song titles. Is there really no fix in the works for this?

Hi, this UI issue is crucial, please help improve user experience. Thank you.

Same here. This problem have been several years, it's causes very awful user experience.

Bumping this thread.

Yes this is an issue for me especially with Classical music or even in the artists field when there are multiple artists on a track..

Bumping because I can't believe this has not been addressed yet. As a fellow dev, the fix shouldn't take more than 30 minutes...

Yes, this is a huge problem when I listen to classical music, which I do more and more. Would be great if someone at Spotify could take a look at this and create a better user experience. 

An issue that has been disregarded far too long (over 10 years) by Spotify. I cannot explain why such smart people do not get it.

Same very annoying problem, it seems Spotify doesn't want to keep Classical music listeners ! Is there any update ?

IMG_6088.PNG

希望這個惱人的問題可以獲得重視及改善。

Screenshot_20230224-013556.png

Screenshot_20230224-022107.png

Screenshot_20230224-015140.png嗨 修好了再麻煩通知我

我的郵件地址是

新竹縣寶山區雙園路二段372號

感恩

Also looking forward for solution

Suggested posts