Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Marantz SR5009, connect doesn't work any more

Marantz SR5009, connect doesn't work any more

Suddenly connect on my Marantz AVR SR5009 stop working.

I am (still) able to stream by Airplay, listen to inter radio, ect..., however when switching

over from the Ipad to the AVR I have three seconds of music and then it stops. This display indicates

waiting, connecting and then online...

The setup:

Cable modem in bridge modus to Netgear Nighthawk.

Fixid IP assigned by the router to the AVR and port forwarding for Spotify enabled.

On every apparatus spotify works just fine. According to the ISP everything is OK and working fine.

The Marantz indicates that the connection is ok, etc...

Who knows what's wrong and can solve he problem...?

39 Replies

I have the same problem with Denon AVR X2100W, I think that this is some bug in Spotify Connect.

@Klaas: You're not alone. Apparantly, Spotify made some changes in the way the Spotify Connect protocol is handled recently.

I'm in the same boat with my Marantz NR1605 and lots of other people with various systems too...

Same issue for me with Marantz av7702

Shocking ! I can't listen anymore...

Should I leave and trust Qobuz ?

i have the same problem whith my DENON AVR 1100 

Good to know that I'm not alone with this problem. I have a Marantz SR7009.

Any news when this bug will be fixed?

I've opened a case at spotify support today. Still no news. I'm sure they are perfectly aware of the issue and the change which cause it.

There is surely some reasons for this change and there is surely some drawbacks to revert...And there is surely some works for partners like Denon/Marantz, Sony etc. to support this change.

If the communication blackout is the same between Spotify and their partners than Spotify and their customers we can wait for christmas.

A massive subscription cancelation should boost them ?

try my solution with OpenNic dns server

https://www.opennicproject.org/

78.138.97.93 (ns14.de) as primary 

192.71.245.208 (ns1.it) as secondary

tried few minutes ago . no spotify on opendns, works with fastweb italy but it's a private server and those servers that are public

Red5

Well I tried different dns servers, but withouten succes.

How do I creatie a case at custodes support?

Same here, tried lots of "tips" and still the same...

contacting support is a little bit awkward, on the french site I found it in the foot section "About"...

but still no news of my case...

cheers

Marc

Got it.

Now waiting for a reaction.....

Hi Klaas,

Here it is working again now! 

Marantz NR1605.

The Netherlands.

Apparently Spotify fixed something on their side; no firmware update from Marantz applied here.

I was too early. I was able to play a few tracks of one album, but when I changed the album, my Marantz NR1605 receiver did the Reconnecting stuff again.

Conclusion: not solved yet. 😞

Same here, reading your message, I've tried, works for 2 minutes (better than 1 second) but when skipping track it fails again...

I have the same problem on a Marantz SR6009. 

same problem here, with my Marantz SR7009

i'm from italy, provider telecom italia, already tried some dns, but with no luck.

spotify "connect" to the Marantz, but the track don't start...

Goofy_Gooba . nessun problema con Fastweb. e gli stessi tuoi problemi con Opendns o Norton Safe Dns, secondo me è un problema di qualche tipo con la rete e la risoluzione di qualche percorso verso i server di Spotify.

Red5

I solved my problem with adding a ' trigger' on port 4070 in my router. In the router the following is stated:

Some applications require multiple connections, such as Internet gaming, video conferencing, Internet telephony and others. These applications cannot work when Network Address Translation (NAT) is enabled. If you need to run applications that require multiple connections, specify the port normally associated with an application in the "Trigger Port" field, select the protocol type as TCP or UDP, then enter the public ports associated with the trigger port to open them for inbound traffic. " 

Then i added port 4070 and it works like a charm.

I had to reboot the router after this.

To be certain of this solution, I removed the trigger and rebooted the router and the problem returned.

Adding the trigger and reboot again solved it again...

Hope this can help others!

Good luck

Hi, TomatoRage

Great that it works!

Which kind of router do you have?

I have got a Belkin N1 and in the routersettings there is nowhere to find an option to put in a "Trigger Port".

Atleast I can't find any option like this, it might be hiding.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

I'm going crazy 😞

After a few songs the ' solution' no longer works.....

I thought by removing the trigger and test again, I really proved this to be the problem.

But now I again am experiencing problems (just 2 sec music, then marantz begins resetting networkconnection)

For you information ArildR, I have a Experiabox from my internetprovider. (Arcadyan VGV7519 Firmware Version:02.00.132v4)

Suggested posts